Candid thoughts after 1 week of ownership

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you driven a Model S much? If so, how would you say they compare?

My reservation is in danger from a P85+ with AP1. Help me RiggerJon, you're my only hope! ;)
if you are a day one reservation holder (that likely would take delivery before me) I think you should go for the P85+... ;)
otherwise, not a chance. IMO, all the new tech is way more important than getting an older Tesla sooner.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That should bode well for the argument against naysayers. You have an early production car with incomplete UI and still threw down another $1,000 to get another!!!

Last edited:

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you driven a Model S much? If so, how would you say they compare?

My reservation is in danger from a P85+ with AP1. Help me RiggerJon, you're my only hope! ;)
HA! I've never driven the S, only sat in several. Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.

Fortunately it's not possible to make a bad decision here - both are great options! :)

Country
Country
HA! I've never driven the S, only sat in several. Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.

Fortunately it's not possible to make a bad decision here - both are great options! :)
Maybe I should expand that to how I should have asked the question, have you driven any other performance cars (M3, S4, Mustang, Corvette, Miata, S2000, McLaren F1 ;)) you could compare it to? Thanks!

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe I should expand that to how I should have asked the question, have you driven any other performance cars (M3, S4, Mustang, Corvette, Miata, S2000, McLaren F1 ;)) you could compare it to? Thanks!
I've driven a few & ridden in a few more, but not enough to be comfortable making comparisons with any degree of authority - I'll leave that to the experts.

Grashelm

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I'd like another, please...
I'm curious what configuration you'll be going for on the 2nd one. Will you opt for LR and PUP again or are you considering a different setup...AWD? SR battery? Maybe a performance model?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t need a second, but it has crossed my mind with the long lead time, $1000 may not be bad insurance on a replacement timeframe if something were to happen. I’ve never been any sort of wreck beyond someone bumping a bumper at slow speeds (minus one learning to drive incident) that caused any damage beyond the bumper cover, but if for some reason my Model 3 ends up totaled in the first year, I don’t want to be another year+ wait out.

Or new fancy options come out a year from now, being in the queue already may be good for a replacement.

NRG4All

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
if you are a day one reservation holder (that likely would take delivery before me) I think you should go for the P85+... ;)
otherwise, not a chance. IMO, all the new tech is way more important than getting an older Tesla sooner.
Very smart. If he cancels his M3 reservation and gets the MSP85, we may get our M3s sooner.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t need a second, but it has crossed my mind with the long lead time, $1000 may not be bad insurance on a replacement timeframe if something were to happen. I’ve never been any sort of wrench beyond someone bumping a bumper at slow speeds (minus one learning to drive incident) that caused any damage beyond the bumper cover, but if for some reason my Model 3 ends up totaled in the first year, I don’t want to be another year+ wait out.

Or new fancy options come out a year from now, being in the queue already may be good for a replacement.
This is a great point.

My biggest fear with the car is having an accident. Now I anticipate they’ll have parts availability but total it and good luck. It’s a year plus away from being replaced by another Model 3.

MrF

Country
Country
I'm reassured to see other "2fers". Recently placed a second reservation so I would be prepared to trade up for later version, etc. Would gladly trade both reservations for one car now...