Canadian Manage my Account change

DavidTM3

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hi all, hopefully I’m not duplicating a post, I was om the Model 3 estimator today and it appears there has been a change. I’m sure last week it said standard and long range batteries would be available with AWD mid 2018. Now all references to the standard battery has been removed.

Does anyone know anything?

David

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all, hopefully I’m not duplicating a post, I was om the Model 3 estimator today and it appears there has been a change. I’m sure last week it said standard and long range batteries would be available with AWD mid 2018. Now all references to the standard battery has been removed.
Does anyone know anything?
Welcome to the forum, David!

Yes, that language in the estimator changed yesterday for everyone (see discussion starting here). It appears to be a correction of the prior, original language ("choice of 220-mile or 310-mile battery") which conflicted with the information displayed in the Model 3 Design Studio.

The Design Studio, as of its most recent update, separately presents the choice of powertrain (RWD or AWD) and the choice of battery (Long Range or Standard), and notes that the Standard Battery will not be available until "Late 2018". Consequently, many of us here have assumed that the Design Studio's timelines and descriptions for the individual options are more accurate than the estimator's, and yesterday's change of language seems to have confirmed that assumption.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

EBMCS03

Country
Country
Wait confirms starting price of $45,600. Does that mean Canada will get the SR now or is it just bogus pricing like the USA. starts at $35k but you can’t buy one.

Canada starts at $45,600 but you can’t buy one.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wait confirms starting price of $45,600. Does that mean Canada will get the SR now or is it just bogus pricing like the USA. starts at $35k but you can’t buy one.

Canada starts at $45,600 but you can’t buy one.
Canada gets ‘First Production’ only now. RWD, LR and PUP black interior. $64,100 CDN. NO SR or AWD.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
"bogus"? Seriously? Why the attitude? In what world did you imagine that Tesla wasn't going to begin by delivering highly-optioned versions of the car first, before moving on to the base configurations? They did so with the X. They did so with the S. Elon even said that they would sell the high-end performance versions first, long before they came up with this simplified "First Production" plan instead.

EBMCS03

Country
Country
"bogus"? Seriously? Why the attitude? In what world did you imagine that Tesla wasn't going to begin by delivering highly-optioned versions of the car first, before moving on to the base configurations? They did so with the X. They did so with the S. Elon even said that they would sell the high-end performance versions first, long before they came up with this simplified "First Production" plan instead.
“First” how long has it been? There’s no SR in sight. No real time frame on when it’ll be available, if ever. Hence bogus.

EBMCS03

Country
Country
A few months. Less than a year.So Tesla gives a timeframe, and you simply decide that it's not "real" for <reasons>?
You’re naive to think it’s real. How many times has it been pushed out. You think this “time frame” will hold? Geez stop acting like it’s a personal attack on you. Most everything tesla has said has been delay after delay or just never really happens. You act like I’m attacking your company or something. Bogus!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You’re naive to think it’s real. How many times has it been pushed out. You think this “time frame” will hold? Geez stop acting like it’s a personal attack on you. Most everything tesla has said has been delay after delay or just never really happens. You act like I’m attacking your company or something. Bogus!
It's been delayed from early 2018 to late 2018. Somehow you interpret a delay of a few months to mean "it'll never sell at that price" and "they'll never actually make that low-end car". You're getting carried away.

I'm arguing with you because it would be irresponsible to allow a rumor "that a Standard Range car won't be offered" to stand. I don't really care if I convince you differently - I just want to make sure others don't just accept your "bogus" statements.