Can you adjust the discharge rate at home?

Panda

Country
Country
The Tesla 2 wall battery (14kw) I have with a 5.3 kw PV system at home has discharge rate of only 5kw (single phase) then the grid kicks in if something hungry needs more kw. This rarely happens but will occur in a year when my turn comes to get the model3. To minimise dragging power from the grid when there’s plenty of time at home to charge at a slow rate (and other times you want a fast recharge), this there anyway to set this up ...or am I dreaming?
Ps it seems a shame I sell back to the grid 20 kw a day at 5 cents but I would have to buy back the kw at 30 cents where I live.
Thanks in advance for any reply.

Panda

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, you can set a charge current limit (see the button in the lower right corner).

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
The Tesla 2 wall battery (14kw) I have with a 5.3 kw PV system at home has discharge rate of only 5kw (single phase) then the grid kicks in if something hungry needs more kw. This rarely happens but will occur in a year when my turn comes to get the model3. To minimise dragging power from the grid when there’s plenty of time at home to charge at a slow rate (and other times you want a fast recharge), this there anyway to set this up ...or am I dreaming?
Ps it seems a shame I sell back to the grid 20 kw a day at 5 cents but I would have to buy back the kw at 30 cents where I live.
Thanks in advance for any reply.

Panda
There is a fully charged episode where he covers this kind of thing.
[Edited to add link to the episode]

Last edited: