Camper Mode - Warning

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

wst88

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just a little word of Warning.

Last night I was messing with the car and turned on camper mode. I got out of the car and went inside for the night. In the morning the car was very Toasty. I am assuming camper mode ran all night.
Double check and turn off camper mode. If I was not plugged in, I wonder if it would of consumed my battery to 20%

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Last night I was messing with the car and turned on camper mode. I got out of the car and went inside for the night. In the morning the car was very Toasty.
That's pretty much the entire point of camper mode. It prevents the car from automatically shutting down and keeps climate control active the whole time.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And, yes, camper mode will stay on until

a) you take it out of camper mode
b) you put the car in gear
c) you charge levels goes below 20%

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sounds like there needs to be a mobile app feature to warn you when camper mode is engaged AND your phone is not near the car for xx minutes. With the ability to disengage Camper mode from the app.
Or even simpler: the option to have the Tesla app display a "camper mode activated" notification as soon as it is engaged.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I belive you tell from the app if Camp mode is on, shows up just the climate section on the main page.
That’s how it works with dog mode (in previous versions—I haven’t tested recently). Turning off the climate control disables Dog Mode and you get a warning about not being able to remotely reenable it if you do. Worth exploring if this is also how Camp Mode works…

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That’s how it works with dog mode (in previous versions—I haven’t tested recently). Turning off the climate control disables Dog Mode and you get a warning about not being able to remotely reenable it if you do. Worth exploring if this is also how Camp Mode works…
Following up: Both Dog Mode and Climate Keeper are reported underneath the Climate item in the app. Camp Mode is not reported in the app at all under 2019.40.50.7. Your only hint appears to be navigating to the Climate section to see if the “TURN OFF” button is present, just as if you’d turned climate on from the app or enabled it normally within the car.

Last edited: