Calling all existing owners with an Oct-Dec estimate

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

McHoffa

EV.network
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't necessarily think that's a safe assumption.
I agree. I doubt that once production is going strong it will take anywhere near that long. It could be as little as two weeks. They can make the cars in advance of actual orders so the wait time would just end up being delivery and prep work.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I'm not talking about how long actual production takes, but the lead time that they have in the system. Pretty much all direct to consumer (customer order) manufacturers have a 5-6 week lead time (some even higher). Sure, Tesla has had some shorter direct order time frames with the S, not the X, but I'll be very surprised if people get the email and then get a car in less than a month.

we'll see.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm not talking about how long actual production takes, but the lead time that they have in the system. Pretty much all direct to consumer (customer order) manufacturers have a 5-6 week lead time (some even higher). Sure, Tesla has had some shorter direct order time frames with the S, not the X, but I'll be very surprised if people get the email and then get a car in less than a month.
Since the only options currently available for the Model 3 are wheels and paint color, it's possible that Tesla could have a car mostly built before asking for your configuration. Then it's just a matter of picking the one of the next six cars that matches the color you ordered, slap on the wheels, and they're done.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You know no one has said it, but assuming 4 weeks for delivery is accurate, then Tesla has made good on the initial delivery window of October - December.

That should give us a sense for how much cushion they built into the window in the form of production delays and reservations opting for non-first production configurations.

I think this is all around great news!

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You know no one has said it, but assuming 4 weeks for delivery is accurate, then Tesla has made good on the initial delivery window of October - December.

That should give us a sense for how much cushion they built into the window in the form of production delays and reservations opting for non-first production configurations.

I think this is all around great news!

If they hit my original Dec-Feb window I'll very possibly cry with joy. With no witnesses, of course.

Last edited: