Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Call from Tesla Store about my Model 3 Delivery Timeline

6K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Aniket Thakkar 
#1 ·
Has anyone received a call from their local Tesla store letting them know that their delivery timeline for the Model 3 is nearing? The Tesla employee wanted to know if I had time to look over my build options online and to call him if I had any questions.

What do you all make of this?

Quick facts:
1. Non-Tesla Owner
2. Delivery estimate of Nov 2017 - Jan 2018

#2 ·
How could the Tesla employee say this if the configurator isn't even open to non Tesla employees?? Sounds like some misinformation was given to them. Happens all the time. Call them back and ask them what the deal is and mention the configurator fact to them. Let us know what transpires as I'm curious how someone in Florida would get the call

#4 ·
I got the "email".

I suspect it's the starting point of an upsell.

"Did you realize with attractive financing the Model S is not a lot more and you can have it within 2 weeks and get the full tax credit..."

Reactions: Audrey
#6 ·
Did you ever click "save" on the estimator?

I wonder if they're actually using our saved choices; we had speculated and hoped but I think we were all somewhat skeptical. If you hadn't clicked "save," that might explain the phrasing and could actually be a good sign that employees are deferring and the estimates for the restofates may move up.

Then again, since you're here, my guess is you saved and the upsell has reached you as others presume.

#11 ·
I called the gentleman from my local Tesla store back and he mentioned they are starting to call early reservation holders to let them know that their delivery window is near and that the configurator will probably open up for them soon.
He also wanted to know if I had any questions about the features/options of the Model 3.
He did not have any other details about my specific reservation. He did not try to upsell me the Model S or Model X (maybe because I mentioned that I had already test driven it). Overall, not a very revealing phone call.

#18 ·
Teslarati member Meraquepaso from Florida has been told his car arrives late September. He is not a current owner, yet reserved on. March 29 (he did not specify yet I trust he meant 2016... ;)).

Intriguing, no?!
No, not interesting. fake. reservations were not taken until the 31st- during the day in store for line-standers and that night during the reveal for online orders. If it says he reserved on March 29th 2016 that is not possible unless he is an employee and they were allowed to reserve ahead of the public. If he reserved march 29th of 2017 then he is totally FOS b/c he should be close to 2019 delivery. Since employees were not allowed to reserve before the 31st that we are aware of AND the post did not mention he was an employee anyway, I would be inclined to agree with those who have called this "fake news."

#27 ·
Well, I did go to a Tesla showroom in Long Island, NY to have a chat regarding CPO MS and he was asking me about the M3 and if I made a reservation since that is a better deal than a CPO. He was mentioning that a few employees including himself have ordered their car already and should be delivered within a couple of weeks. So, I guess they're hitting the east coast for deliveries. We just might see some cars roaming around rather than all the West Coast employees getting all the fun.

He did also mention that he will email me when the cars are here and they are going to showcase those cars. I asked him about a test drive, but he said no (naturally), but we can sit and have a look around and get a feel of the car. So I'm very excited to finally see the car in person. :)

#28 ·
Well, I did go to a Tesla showroom in Long Island, NY to have a chat regarding CPO MS and he was asking me about the M3 and if I made a reservation since that is a better deal than a CPO. He was mentioning that a few employees including himself have ordered their car already and should be delivered within a couple of weeks. So, I guess they're hitting the east coast for deliveries. We just might see some cars roaming around rather than all the West Coast employees getting all the fun.

He did also mention that he will email me when the cars are here and they are going to showcase those cars. I asked him about a test drive, but he said no (naturally), but we can sit and have a look around and get a feel of the car. So I'm very excited to finally see the car in person. :)
I hadn't thought about the fact that an employee car at the local showroom would be available to check out. The nearest showroom is literally half a mile from my office.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.