California HOV Process?

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have folks received their hov stickers? I submitted 1/20 (same day as plates arrived) and haven't heard a thing. Thanks
Usually takes a little over a month. Did they cash the check already? It usually arrives soon after that based on experience.

Dhu1

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Usually takes a little over a month. Did they cash the check already? It usually arrives soon after that based on experience.
I submitted mine on the week of 1/23 and called yesterday. They said they were trending towards 6 weeks before cashing the check

Joaquin

Country
Country
Just curious... can you get a ticket for using the HOV line while waiting for the stickers? Is there any kind of receipt you can show to the LEO if you are pulled over?

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I submitted mine on the week of 1/23 and called yesterday. They said they were trending towards 6 weeks before cashing the check
Ugh. This is what happens when you rely on paper applications and checks like we're in the mid 20th century or something.

Dhu1

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Any updates on this from anybody? I had sent mine in without a license plate number so when I called, the gentleman also suggested that I might possibly want to resend. I am trying to gauge whether my application has been passed over so would want to find out if any of your applications have been processed.

Dhu1

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Any updates on this from anybody? I had sent mine in without a license plate number so when I called, the gentleman also suggested that I might possibly want to resend. I am trying to gauge whether my application has been passed over so would want to find out if any of your applications have been processed.
My check just got cashed. So assuming they are processing the stickers next week.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My check just got cashed. So assuming they are processing the stickers next week.
You mentioned you didn’t have a plate number when you submitted? And they cashed it anyway? That’s odd! The instructions said you had to have the plate number on the form, so wonder if that’s no longer the case... or hope they didn’t cash the check and don’t send the stickers. Do keep us updated!

Dhu1

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
You mentioned you didn’t have a plate number when you submitted? And they cashed it anyway? That’s odd! The instructions said you had to have the plate number on the form, so wonder if that’s no longer the case... or hope they didn’t cash the check and don’t send the stickers. Do keep us updated!
Yes, I have other situations where people have been able to apply without plates. Dealers do it all the time, so I went ahead and sent it in. I just gave them my VIN. Pretty sure it will be fine. I think I did the same thing when I had a CNG car and the stickers came without a problem.

Dhu1

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Yes, I have other situations where people have been able to apply without plates. Dealers do it all the time, so I went ahead and sent it in. I just gave them my VIN. Pretty sure it will be fine. I think I did the same thing when I had a CNG car and the stickers came without a problem.
Just a got a copy of cancelled check image via my bank. DMV was able to trsce my VIN to my license plate. They actually wrote my plate number on the cancelled check as a reference and it was submitted for deposit 4 days ago...so hoping the stickers are already processed.

Dhu1

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Just a got a copy of cancelled check image via my bank. DMV was able to trsce my VIN to my license plate. They actually wrote my plate number on the cancelled check as a reference and it was submitted for deposit 4 days ago...so hoping the stickers are already processed.
Just got the stickers...they are still white.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got off the phone with the DMV and they said that they'll be mailing out red stickers in a few weeks at end of march or beginning of april and they'll be red (ugh… whyyyyyyyyy). Sounds like they're just going to hold off sending any more white ones until then, which sucks because that's going to be 3 months with my car where I'm unable to use the lane (a month before I got the plates and two months [or more] to get the stickers), and that was a significant reason I bought the car in the first place that is being hamstrung because of bureaucracy.