CA Clean Air Vehicle HOV Decal

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Received Red HOV Stickers today for my Model 3...A total of 4 stickers, 3 for the rear and 1 for the front (new requirement). Expires 1/1/19...Almost a perfect match against the MC Red paint...
Oh no you have to put them on the FRONT now too? Where exactly do they say to put it on the front?

Well, that settles it, I will definitely not be applying for the tags. Red tags, no thanks. I don't commute anyways. I work 10 minutes from my home and my drive there is at 10:40 am and I drive home at 11:30 pm, so I'd seriously almost never need the tags. Red tags on any other color car would look absolutely awful. If I had a long commute, I'd probably swallow that tough pill, but I don't.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all,

Now that I got my Model 3, I have to start applying for the Clean Air Vehicle decals and $2500 CA EV rebate. When I took delivery they told if I get the $2500 first, they might disqualify me for the HOV decals, so I'm going to go ahead and apply for the decals first. One of the first questions on the form is "Vehicle License plate no". Does this mean I have to receive my license plates before submitting this or can I just say N/A?

Thanks!

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, you have to wait...a few people told me it could take up to a month to get my plates, but I received them after about 2 weeks. Had the form ready to go and mailed it out, then it was another ~3 week wait for the stickers.
Great thanks for the info! Just realized that I have to wait for the registration for my SDG&E rebate too. More waiting game! :p

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So if I’m under those limits. I can get both $2500 ca rebate and HOV sticker?
They told me when I picked it up that you can but if you apply for the 2500 first you may be disqualified for the hov decal. I guess there's a lot of confusion about it but they recommend getting the hov decal first and then the 2500.