C quartz over xpel wrap

Dan 3D

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi, I’m planning on doing the following upon delivery of my car: full xpel wrap, (wrap whole car plus center console and sill plates) powder coat wheels black, paint calipers red, full chrome delete and 45% xpel prime Xr window tint, rpm tesla spoiler and metal petals. Then cquartz everyhing inside and out.

My question is will there be a substantial benefit to applying cquartz ultimate reserve on top of the xpel PPF? Also, is it crazy to wrap the whole car? Should I just wrap the front and high impact areas and then cquartz? I plan on keeping the car for at LEAST ten years and want it to stay looking nice. Would appreciate your opinions Thanks!

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you plan to keep the car that long, wrap the whole car if you can afford it. CQuartz or any other ceramic coating will make the car much easier to clean.

I’ll be wrapping and coating my whole car too.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I 'm taking delivery Monday and have an appointment after delivery to have the full front hood, front bumper, front fenders. and mirrors wrapped in Xpel (plus having tinting done). I'll coat the whole thing in CQuartz next weekend.

LoboMesa

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you doing the stealth wrap? I’m leaning towards the gloss, with the pearl white paint...
I did mine this week: Crystal Serum Ultra on Xpel Ultimate. Since then, the car has been in rain, construction, squashed bugs, and that damn crepe myrtle raining crap down on it. Here's what it looks like even though I haven't cleaned it yet:

Dan 3D

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I did mine this week: Crystal Serum Ultra on Xpel Ultimate. Since then, the car has been in rain, construction, squashed bugs, and that damn crepe myrtle raining crap down on it. Here's what it looks like even though I haven't cleaned it yet:
Nice! What percent did you go on the tint?

Dan 3D

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you going to install the spoiler?

XPEL

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hi, I’m planning on doing the following upon delivery of my car: full xpel wrap, (wrap whole car plus center console and sill plates) powder coat wheels black, paint calipers red, full chrome delete and 45% xpel prime Xr window tint, rpm tesla spoiler and metal petals. Then cquartz everyhing inside and out.

My question is will there be a substantial benefit to applying cquartz ultimate reserve on top of the xpel PPF? Also, is it crazy to wrap the whole car? Should I just wrap the front and high impact areas and then cquartz? I plan on keeping the car for at LEAST ten years and want it to stay looking nice. Would appreciate your opinions Thanks!
Dan and everyone - thank you all for the XPEL love. We very much appreciate the support!

If you're really planning on keeping the car that long, then a full wrap may be the way to go. On the benefits of a ceramic coating on top of the XPEL, well that's up to you. We do recommend some sort of coating or wax if the car is not maintained very well as these products help maintain/clean things easily. So if you wash your car often and keep it clean, then you don't necessarily need the ceramic coating. Will it help keep it clean, make it glossy, make it hydrophobic, absolutely. So it's your call.

Hope this info helps. Let us know if we can answer any questions.

ODub

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I'm doing the same, Xpel Ultimate plus Cquartz finest. Just dropped the car off today for the PPF. I'm getting the full front plus A-pillars (all the way to the back), rockers, and rear wheel panel. I don't think you need to wrap the entire car. You're just trying to protect the front from chips/rocks. Coating will be an additional layer of protection over the entire car, not to mention help make it easier to wash/clean due to the coating's hydrophobic nature

Dan 3D

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm doing the same, Xpel Ultimate plus Cquartz finest. Just dropped the car off today for the PPF. I'm getting the full front plus A-pillars (all the way to the back), rockers, and rear wheel panel. I don't think you need to wrap the entire car. You're just trying to protect the front from chips/rocks. Coating will be an additional layer of protection over the entire car, not to mention help make it easier to wash/clean due to the coating's hydrophobic nature
I keep going back and forth on wrapping the whole car in XPel or just the full front and high impact areas. The main reason I keep leaning toward the whole car is that I’m afraid that the parts that are not wrapped will look different then the parts that are wrapped and look funny in certain light settings. I also feel like it would be more noticeable over time. Is this an irrational fear, I did come to the conclusion that the whole car would be overkill from a rock chip standpoint, which is the primary function of the PPF. The uniformity of the texture and finish would be my primary reason for doing the whole car in xpel, and of course the whole car would be protected from scratches. How many of you guys who are doing PPF are doing the whole car vs full front? Anybody have experience with both methods?

Dan 3D

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How do you know if the installer is good? The local installer I found here seems like a good detailing shop. However, I don’t know how often they do wraps. They also said that it would take like a week to compete for the whole car. I was also considering having RPM tesla do the wrap because I’m having them powder coat my wheels and paint the calipers and do my chrome delete. The only thing is that RPM tesla is almost 200 miles drive and I was thinking it would be better to have the PPF on the car first before I drove it that far. However, RPM tesla seems to have a special dust free tent for the install, which I like... any useful input would be appreciated.

XPEL

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I keep going back and forth on wrapping the whole car in XPel or just the full front and high impact areas. The main reason I keep leaning toward the whole car is that I’m afraid that the parts that are not wrapped will look different then the parts that are wrapped and look funny in certain light settings. I also feel like it would be more noticeable over time. Is this an irrational fear, I did come to the conclusion that the whole car would be overkill from a rock chip standpoint, which is the primary function of the PPF. The uniformity of the texture and finish would be my primary reason for doing the whole car in xpel, and of course the whole car would be protected from scratches. How many of you guys who are doing PPF are doing the whole car vs full front? Anybody have experience with both methods?
Dan,

As your car is white, you won't notice much difference in the uniformity or texture of the finish. If your car was black or another darker color, then you would notice areas unprotected as they'd have swirl marks and scratches. So I think being on a white car, that you'll be okay just doing the full front and high impact areas. I will say though to be sure to ask your installer to wrap every edge possible. Any brand of film on a white car will be more noticeable than film on a different color car as the edges can collect dirt when not kept clean.

How do you know if the installer is good? The local installer I found here seems like a good detailing shop. However, I don’t know how often they do wraps. They also said that it would take like a week to compete for the whole car. I was also considering having RPM tesla do the wrap because I’m having them powder coat my wheels and paint the calipers and do my chrome delete. The only thing is that RPM tesla is almost 200 miles drive and I was thinking it would be better to have the PPF on the car first before I drove it that far. However, RPM tesla seems to have a special dust free tent for the install, which I like... any useful input would be appreciated.
Best bet on the installer is to go to their shop and ask to see examples of their work first hand. Not only will this let you gauge their workmanship, but also their customer service. This way, whether they're high volume or low volume, if you're happy with their work, then you're in the right place.

R1Fast

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dan and everyone - thank you all for the XPEL love. We very much appreciate the support!

If you're really planning on keeping the car that long, then a full wrap may be the way to go. On the benefits of a ceramic coating on top of the XPEL, well that's up to you. We do recommend some sort of coating or wax if the car is not maintained very well as these products help maintain/clean things easily. So if you wash your car often and keep it clean, then you don't necessarily need the ceramic coating. Will it help keep it clean, make it glossy, make it hydrophobic, absolutely. So it's your call.

Hope this info helps. Let us know if we can answer any questions.
Bumping this thread from the dead with a question for @XPEL or you experienced/pros out there:

My car is fully wrapped in Xpel U+. How does one go about reapplying ceramic on Xpel a few years down the road when reapplication is needed?

I've read that any ceramic/sealant needs to be stripped first before reapplying, and that it usually requires a light polishing, but this is in the context of bare paint not PPF. Assuming it's the same for Xpel, is it safe to use a buffer and do a light polish? It seems unsafe since it could marr the film.

E.g. is stripping really necessary, and is there a way to get great results other than polishing?