Buying European Convex Side View Mirror?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now that the Model 3 is shipping to Europe, I would assume the car has been outfitted with the required convex (rounded) side view mirror. Can these mirrors be purchased yet as a part, either directly through Tesla or through a 3rd party, so it could be installed on a US version of the car. I have found these mirrors vastly superior from a visibility perspective compared to the planar version in the US.

Thanks!

Perscitus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bet they can be purchased (just like the other non- USDM spec parts such as taillights, fog/turn signal assemblies, etc).

However, Tesla seems to make it nearly impossible to buy non-region-specific parts in another region, even when armed with a matching VIN.

Try to get a hold of a Europe or Asia-bound Model 3 VIN and give Tesla a call, see if you can order the mirror insert.

Perscitus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Look at your passengers side mirror with the annoying legalize CYA 'objects are closer than they appear' wording... similar to plastic bags labeled with 'this is not a toy' or coffee cups 'contents may be hot'.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’d be interested to know if Model 3’s being sold in Europe are fitted with aspheric mirrors. I don’t mean convex mirrors but, instead, mirrors that have two sections: the larger (and inner) which is angled as normal, with the smaller (outer) which is angled out to reveal the blind spot. Virtually all European cars sold in Europe have them and I’ve always found them to be extremely useful (once you get used to them).

Perscitus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I sadly doubt it.

At best, the useless US spec driver side mirror, is replaced with one matching the passenger side (minus the 'objects are closer than they appear' CYA leglese used in United States, Canada, Nepal, India and Saudi Arabia. ).

bobbymo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I’d be interested to know if Model 3’s being sold in Europe are fitted with aspheric mirrors. I don’t mean convex mirrors but, instead, mirrors that have two sections: the larger (and inner) which is angled as normal, with the smaller (outer) which is angled out to reveal the blind spot. Virtually all European cars sold in Europe have them and I’ve always found them to be extremely useful (once you get used to them).
Curious as well. I have aspherical mirrors on my GTI and love them! One of my favorite mods for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk