Bumpy ride?

Jeda - Top Tesla Accessories

amcgrath815

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I bought a 2018 Model X 75D when it was one year old, replaced the smart air suspension after purchase under warranty. Zero issues in 2 years of ownership, love the car! (I had a 2013 Model S before.)

But in the last few days, it feels like I’m riding over bumps in the road, constantly. One tire was low, so I filled it, and it’s holding air. Not sure why I lost 3 pounds PSI in one tire, but it is stable now. That was several weeks ago.

Why does it suddenly feel so bumpy? I made an appointment to take it to the SC in a couple of weeks. Anyone had this problem?

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Did your Adaptive Suspension Damping get changed to "Sport"?

Screen-Shot-2019-05-27-at-12.12.54-PM.jpg

amcgrath815

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
That tire is OK now, I filled it. No, there's no spare. And I filled the tire a couple of weeks ago. The consistent bump just started two days ago.

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Either one of your tires has developed a flat spot, or the tread or core is separating. You should stop by a tire shop and have them balance the tires, and the balancer's software will pick up any tread defects.

• Agree
Reactions: garsh

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had a belt loosen on one of my tires and i got a thump vibration every multiple of 60 (ie: 60km/h, 120 km/h). Since you had trouble with one tire - i'd suspect that one as having multiple issues.

let us know what it turns out to be

amcgrath815

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I think it's a flat spot. I talked with the SC and it turns out I'm due for new tires! 40K on this set, so it's definitely time. I've ordered from TireRack, shipping directly to the SC for installation. I'll find out for sure what the problem is after they put the new tires on, and let you know! FYI, the price for the Continental tires they use are 350-400 from Tesla, but 234 front/315 rear from TireRack. Same tires.

amcgrath815

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
And the winner is: tread separation! The tire blew tonight, I got a loaner wheel and tire until my SC appointment to replace all of them. I didn’t even know a loaner wheel was available! Took forever for the local contractor to show up, but only 10 minutes to swap the wheel. Picture attached!

Attachments

• B9DFB678-AB25-4A76-8779-FE97B6E3E154.jpeg
    B9DFB678-AB25-4A76-8779-FE97B6E3E154.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1