Bumper paint/repair :( (north GTA)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
So... less than 2 weeks after picking up my model 3 I got a decent gouge, and the black plastic is showing... see pic.

So sad/angry, ahhh!

Looking for recommendations for a repair shop that will do a good job so the PPF that I plan on installing isn’t a waste of money. Ideally located near Newmarket, ON. But will drive some distance within the GTA for the right place.

Attachments

Last edited:

GeorgeP

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Phil did you get the bumper fixed? Any recommendations for a body shop?

Country
Country
I haven’t yet. Tesla’s website has a list of recommended body shops.
Cheapest I found so far was $1385 all in from leon’s Auto body. (Tesla approved)
Excellence Auto Collision was close second 1460 (again Tesla approved). Pfaff was almost 2k
Going to take it to a non Tesla place to see if it’s worth the risk.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I haven’t yet. Tesla’s website has a list of recommended body shops.
Cheapest I found so far was $1385 all in from leon’s Auto body. (Tesla approved)
Excellence Auto Collision was close second 1460 (again Tesla approved). Pfaff was almost 2k
Going to take it to a non Tesla place to see if it’s worth the risk.
I was rear ended when my 3 was 9 days old. Excellence on Midwest was awesome to deal with. My repair, repaint was as good or better than factory. I live in Cobourg and will only ever use them. Worth the commute to me.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/took-delivery-but-now-a-2-week-wait-for-paint-issues.130569/