"Bug Report..."

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone know if there is an official way of sending Tesla a feature request?
For the longest time I've waited for Tesla to allow audio from the phone to come through the sound system when in a different mode, i.e. when streaming media, no phone audio will play through.

This is pretty basic, but I'm wondering if Tesla knows, hasn't noticed, paid attention, or what.
The car should detect when audio is being played from the phone and automatically pause the currently selected source. It is very inconvenient to have to change to the phone source to be able to play a voice message or audio from a video.

Anyway, if someone knows of a place where we can send these requests, please let me know.

Cheers!

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone know if there is an official way of sending Tesla a feature request?
See Melinda's first post in this thread, you've got a few options. :)

Best way to report a bug or request a change to how a feature works is from inside the car. Get the car to do the thing that you'd like to improve, then hold down the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel to activate the voice command system, and say, "Bug report" followed by a description of the issue. For example: "Bug report, audio played on my phone should override the music playing on the car's speakers". Submitting a bug report / feature request this way gives Tesla a way to see what your car was doing around the time of your report, which helps the firmware team evaluate the issue or suggestion.

You can also send bug reports and feature requests by email to the general customer service addresses, ServiceHelpNA@tesla.com and CustomerSupport@tesla.com.