Bug: No audio.

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you say "bug report" and then wait for something to happen, you're going to be disappointed.

You have to say everything together, like "bug report audio just disappeared". Then if you wait you'll see the car's word recognition figure out what you just said, then it will display a thank you for the report.
Ahh ok, I wonder if it caught the cursing that came directly afterwards when i thought it didn't work..lol

Last edited:

Ksb466

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On this particular bug, no audio in the car whatsoever, the microphone won’t work. So can’t submit a bug report. Have to power off and on first then submit once everything is normal.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It happened to me again this weekend. I left the car, went to a movie then started the climate control from my phone when the movie was over. When I got in the car the radio came on and everything was back to normal. Hopefully this is fixed in v9.44.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Having the same issue..the steering wheel reset does not fix the problem for me..BUT completely powering off the car does..go to the security screen and power off the car for a few minutes then press on the brake pedal to turn back on...this is the only way I have been able to fix the “mute bug’.

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you guys experienced Slacker not playing the correct song? I was showing a group of friend the Model 3 a few days ago and it burned with two different group rides. Tried multiple times and a few resets and it still didn't work. It would go to the radio station of that song instead of playing the song.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm sitting in my car right now. Last night I got a New pixel 3 and paired it, no problem. This morning, no sounds, exactly as described. Restart of the screen didn't work. The drive home with no sounds - even turn signals - was weird. I parked and was calling Tesla support and sat on hold for a few minutes and gave up, disconnected the call. As if on cue, the seats moved to parked position and the audio kicked in. Maybe there is something with the Bluetooth connection to my phone? Or just really lucky timing it started working exactly when I hung up? But, thought I'd share my experience. I'm on 42.4

Milo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Had this happen today.

Two-finger reset - fail.
Two-finger plus brake reset - fail.
Turn off car via menu, wait two minutes, then depress brake to restart - success.

Caveat: N=1.

Dave EV

Country
Country
Had this happen again yesterday - now on 46.2 from 42.4, so 46.2 did not to fix it. Have had the slow screen boot up twice now on 46.2 when entering the car, too. Need to perform a full power off to see if that helps at all.

jsmay311

Country
Country
Had it happen today. Screen reset didn’t work, but opening and closing door did.
How long did you wait after doing the Power Off before hitting the brake pedal to turn it back on?

I've had it fail to work once or twice when I turned it back on really quickly, like <5 seconds. But I've never had it fail if I waited >10 seconds or so.

[Edit: Oh, wait... by "screen reset" did you mean just holding down the scroll wheels? If so, that's known to never fix this issue.]

giguy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My situation is even worse-no audio, total connectivity to NAV system, no sound from turn signals, no phone connectivity-very annoying. Does NOT reset with scroll reset. I keep being told that it is firmware and that it will corrected when I get v 52- now on v 48, but no one know when new version available!! How can anyone go anywhere and not have advantage of knowing where superchargers are, distances to them, entire NAV system, as well as no use of audio!!!???

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@giguy,

That's the same bug: no audio at all. No blinkers, no collision warning, no radio, nothing. Navigation works but cellular connectivity may not, so you should get your location on the map but probably can't get directions or show supercharger status. Doing the full power-off reset from the screen (not the two-button reset on the steering wheel) waiting for the car to fully power down (listen for the fan to shutoff) seems to reset the right systems.

I just got 48 last night so not enough time for the issue to reoccur. Have you seen the issue with 48?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, unfortunately I answered my own question: this is NOT fixed in build 48. Had occur twice on Friday, both times I had limited cellular access, so I think the issue might be related.

Still waiting for a fix. :-(

Rondal5000

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Took the car in to a SC. The amplifier was not working due to water had contacted the wiring. The water issue i had noticed but didn't connect the two issues. I had noticed that when I opened the truck lid water (~1-2 TBSP) landed on the rear passenger side. This was not from water passing the gasket either. It dripped from under opening area. SC could not find the leak. They ordered a new amp.

jsmay311

Country
Country
Took the car in to a SC. The amplifier was not working due to water had contacted the wiring. The water issue i had noticed but didn't connect the two issues. I had noticed that when I opened the truck lid water (~1-2 TBSP) landed on the rear passenger side. This was not from water passing the gasket either. It dripped from under opening area. SC could not find the leak. They ordered a new amp.
Was your car behaving the same as others are describing in this thread?
I.e., was the audio not working only intermittently, and would powering off /restarting the car reliably fix it?

I ask because, at first blush, a water-induced hardware problem with the amp does not seem like a plausible explanation for the behavior that everyone else is reporting in this thread.

jsmay311

Country
Country
I finally got a response to an email that I sent to Tesla customer support about this issue a couple weeks ago, and they asked that I call them next time it happens so they can investigate/troubleshoot.

But it hasn’t happened to me in a few days, so maybe if it happens to someone else, you could call.
(877) 798-3752