Bug: Audio flat when entering car in the morning...

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I'm sure it won't be long before PBS creates a fundraiser series of The 1980s (My Music) for oldsters like me. Something for your kid to look forward to...every 6-8 weeks....forever.....
haha the only thing is she won't know about PBS because we don't watch traditional TV anymore.

zztops

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This has started happening to me since installing 2019.5.15

It happens every time I end a Bluetooth phone call and I hit the end call button on the screen. It immediately goes to playing music flat. If I'm not the one to initiate ending the call it doesnt go flat. Definitely a bug and I think it is connected to how the car processes resume functions after sleep/wakeup/pause/phone calls.

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country

It happens every time I end a Bluetooth phone call and I hit the end call button on the screen. It immediately goes to playing music flat. If I'm not the one to initiate ending the call it doesnt go flat. Definitely a bug and I think it is connected to how the car processes resume functions after sleep/wakeup/pause/phone calls.
I think you might be onto something. I am guessing that other beeps/tones due to nav or something else could cause it too. I am wondering if maybe me using Nav with it muted might be causing it sometimes. I usually use nav for every drive (including home) so maybe that is part of it?

zztops

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think you might be onto something. I am guessing that other beeps/tones due to nav or something else could cause it too. I am wondering if maybe me using Nav with it muted might be causing it sometimes. I usually use nav for every drive (including home) so maybe that is part of it?

ANOTHER data point...

You ARE CORRECT. Just took a coworker out for a test drive... blind spot chime worked for the first time while the parking spot chime is muted in the settings. Right after it chimed it went flat. Coworker thought they broke my car haha reassured them it was normal

dani190

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

dani190

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am having this since 2019.5.15 also. Ending a bluetooth call will cause my music to go flat and after a touchscreen reboot it will be fixed.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Glad I remembered this old thread. Started happening to me this morning. It's been almost a week since I installed 5.15 and yet today the music went flat after Waze interrupted it playing with a traffic announcement. Forgot to send a bug report before rebooting. Happened two more times while driving.

What's weird is that Waze often interrupts my music, and I never noticed it before even after getting on 5.15. Perhaps I just listen to too many podcasts.

In any event, it kinda sucks balls, TBH. I forgot to submit a bug report. Will do so.

TheHairyOne

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I got flat audio with 2018.5.15 on way home last week after switching between USB streaming and pod cast sources. Two finger reset made it go away.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
i'm on 2018.5.15 and I also have this flat music issue. happened 2x so far. first time it came back when i returned to the car after it went to sleep.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This continues to be a bad bug for me. Had to reboot multiple times in the trip
I just took. Music seems to come from front only. Setting the fader to rear reveals very muddy and muffled sound. This really sucks as Waze alerts trigger the Bluetooth and cause this often. I may have to turn Waze off the Bluetooth.

BullCut

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Hello!
This morning when I take my model 3 i the sound system produce a poor sound with clic clac in the rear speakers no more subwoofer only the tweeters work fine. It’s the first time that it happen.
Soft and hard reboot doesn’t work.
After calling Tesla and trying a lot of things that doesn’t anymore, they asked me to go to a Tesla center on monday.

I can’t pass a weekend like this.

So, I’ve found a solution that work.

Go to your trunk, on the right side you have the amplifier and the subwoofer, lift the protection of the trunk a little to pass your hand and unplug the connector on the amplifier, normally you’ll hear a little clac after few seconds, after this you reconnect the connector.
And it work!

I hope it will help you.

Enjoy your weekend.

Julien

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello!
This morning when I take my model 3 i the sound system produce a poor sound with clic clac in the rear speakers no more subwoofer only the tweeters work fine. It’s the first time that it happen.
Soft and hard reboot doesn’t work.
After calling Tesla and trying a lot of things that doesn’t anymore, they asked me to go to a Tesla center on monday.

I can’t pass a weekend like this.

So, I’ve found a solution that work.

Go to your trunk, on the right side you have the amplifier and the subwoofer, lift the protection of the trunk a little to pass your hand and unplug the connector on the amplifier, normally you’ll hear a little clac after few seconds, after this you reconnect the connector.
And it work!

I hope it will help you.

Enjoy your weekend.

Julien
Julien (or others that have had this issue)
which of the three connectors on the amp? white, black or grey? igured I'd ask before I try each of them :)
img_2883-jpg.25274

because right now my rear speakers sound like this:

Neutrons

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Awesome thanks for keeping us updated. Someone just posted a similar problem on the facebook page so it is more and more implying to me it is a software issue. I could be completely wrong though. I am going to reboot my car today before I leave work to see if it helps.
What I found is that the software signal audio to the sub is what failed. A two roller ball reset brought it right back.