Bubbles on dash

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So my car has had these things that look like bubbles in the dash since delivery (black peice right above the wood). If you touch them they go away for a few but then come right back. It's like they didn't stretch the material enough. Anyone have this? I tried doing a search for anything bubble related with the dash and nothing came back.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So my car has had these things that look like bubbles in the dash since delivery (black peice right above the wood). If you touch them they go away for a few but then come right back. It's like they didn't stretch the material enough. Anyone have this? I tried doing a search for anything bubble related with the dash and nothing came back.
That’s weird. Pictures?

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll add some pictures later. It has to be sunny to see them good in photos. They are about a half inch in diameter

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll add some pictures later. It has to be sunny to see them good in photos. They are about a half inch in diameter
A short video might be better. You could show how they disappear temporarily when you touch them.

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A sunny day isn't a rare commodity in Las Vegas!
Haha, you would think that .We've had a good 2 or 3 weeks with cloudy days which upsets me because we finally got our solar panels up and running late June....just in time for the clouds to roll in lol

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Haha, you would think that .We've had a good 2 or 3 weeks with cloudy days which upsets me because we finally got our solar panels up and running late June....just in time for the clouds to roll in lol
Wow, maybe I need a more accurate weather map, it shows Vegas as Sunny, 105 degrees and UV index of 10 (very high).

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've heard that peice is a quick snap out and in so it shouldn't be hard to replace. Any idea if mobile service can do this for me and how do I request that over the service center?

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Fyi I stopped at the SC. This is not an easy pop off and pop on replacement. They said with the model 3 the whole dash has to come apart. Also, it has to be done at the SC, can't have mobile service do it. It will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get the part in, and up to 2 days of them having the car to replace it.... Not very happy with those results but what can I do

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Fyi I stopped at the SC. This is not an easy pop off and pop on replacement. They said with the model 3 the whole dash has to come apart. Also, it has to be done at the SC, can't have mobile service do it. It will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get the part in, and up to 2 days of them having the car to replace it.... Not very happy with those results but what can I do
Ask for a loaner for sure!

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the same thing, got my car for about a week. Please provide any updates on the repair.
What is your VIN? I went in and at least ordered the part. It is up to a 2 month wait so, I'd recommend doing the same as it could be awhile to get it replaced.

I just got my car back from service for this problem, along with a few other issues from the factory. At time of pickup, my SA tells me that the dash was not approved to be replaced by tesla! My initial rage quickly died down when he explained why.

Apparently Tesla is working on a new version of the dash. My SA said "maybe with a new material". I doubt its going to be a new exterior material. Probably going to revise the method of which the outer is affixed to the frame/foam. I was told to check back early next year to see if the new parts are available.