Broke my toy!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

rwsimon

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is genuinely idiotic, but I wanted to get a closer look at the diecast Model 3 I got with the car so I thought I would open the case up for a look. I made the boneheaded mistake of loosening the screw on the bottom of the case. So, the car fell off the posts holding it, but the plastic case is sealed. Anybody have any bright ideas for fixing it, opening the case, or otherwise recovering from this silly escapade?

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is genuinely idiotic, but I wanted to get a closer look at the diecast Model 3 I got with the car so I thought I would open the case up for a look. I made the boneheaded mistake of loosening the screw on the bottom of the case. So, the car fell off the posts holding it, but the plastic case is sealed. Anybody have any bright ideas for fixing it, opening the case, or otherwise recovering from this silly escapade?
The case is not really "sealed" but does fit rather tightly over the base. You can take the clear part off with ease and re-attach the car. Hope that helps.