British Columbia Insurance suggestions

VanIsleGuy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone in BC have recommendations for insurance? Hopefully I'll be taking delivery in the next couple of weeks. I got a quote from ICBC and it was high. I appreciate I need to get basic insurance through ICBC but wondering if anyone has found a good deal from reputable company privately.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I haven't investigated yet, but I think some people went to BCAA for the non basic stuff.

Can you please tell us the difference between your actual and the ICBC quoted amounts? And maybe the car configuration. Thank you.

I pay 120 per month for a 17 year old car in Burnaby (but I do have all and too much coverage from ICBC, never bothered to change it). I'm a bit curious how much the 3 will cost to insure.

VanIsleGuy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Will do. The car config is LR AWD.
I heard there is insurance options provided if you get insurance at delivery but I’m not sure what companies they offer.

VanIsleGuy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Quote from ICBC (don't have VIN yet, so this was estimated quote) without new vehicle replacement is $2034, with new vehicle replacement cost, $2493.
Base rate (with discount) is $761. I'm hoping I can find private for the rest for a better deal.