Breakover, approach, and departure angles?

Country
Country
I was wondering if any current owners were interested in taking some measurements? I am looking for the breakover, approach, and departure angles of the Model 3 (see diagram below View attachment 5040 ).

View attachment 5040
I will not be receiving my Model 3 until later in the year but am trying to figure out whether to have my charging outlet installed in the front of my house where I have a steep driveway or in the back of my house where I have a flat carport. I prefer the front but so far we have owned an older Prius that would scrape and our current Prius V just makes it without scraping. Since we didn't need to pre-install an outlet we were able to just try it when we first brought the car home. With the Model 3 we want to have the electrical installed prior to taking delivery so I am trying to do some calculations.

I can do the calculations if someone can measure the horizontal distance from the middle of front wheel to the low point on the front and then the height of the low point and then the same thing for the rear.

For Break-over I would need distance from center of wheel to center of wheel and then the lowest point under the car between the two wheels.

I haven't been able to find the data anywhere else. Thanks!

Country
Country
Thanks for the response. It was my first ever post and so I think my attachment was foiled by the spam filters. It didn't really warn me until after the fact that until I have a certain number of posts that links and/or pictures might not work.

It would be interesting to know whether that website picture is completely accurate or not. With a reasonable amount of measurement error on my driveway and current car I think I am at a point where it might scrape and might not. I calculated my driveway to be between 13 and 14 degrees and my current Prius to be right about 16.1 degrees and it barely makes it. Measurement on the Model 3 picture looks to place it between about 15 and 16 degrees with what I would guess would be zero weight in the car.

I am guessing when the local showroom gets one in to test drive that they probably wouldn't want it tested out on my driveway:)

Ohmyword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I have a super step ramp to get into my driveway which is about 13 degrees, so I need to know if I can even attempt to drive the Model 3 into it so after doing some crude measurements and calculations I've come up with the following values:

Approach Angle: 30.4
Departure Angle: 33.4
Breakover Angle: 11.1

I came up with these values by taking the image from the Model 3 owners manual (https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf)

Measuring a known length (ground clearance is 5.5inch) then calculating a pixel to inch ratio (

.239130435). Then putting rectangles in the areas I want to measure and calculating the "inches" by multiplying the px by the ratio.

It kind of works, but it assumes Tesla uses a proper scale for the car image, and all the other measurement lines are accurate.

Can anyone chime in with some real measurements on their cars?

Attachments