Brand new Silver Model 3/SOLD (Mar. 2)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • Selling or promoting products is NOT permitted on TOO. Please contact us for advertising or sponsorship rates.
    No bumping of threads unless you're lowering a price, answering a question, or adding useful information. Please note that items for sale must be in the possession of the buyer unless prior approval is opbtained by the admin.
    ALL ADS MUST INCLUDE A PRICE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Brand new Model 3 for sale. I picked it up yesterday...
Silver Metallic
19” sport wheels
Enhanced auto pilot
Full self driving
Long range battery and premium (Black) interior

Had 12 miles on delivery and drove it home. Probably 70 miles now. Wife doesn’t like that it doesn’t have a power trunk, so will sell for list plus my registration and taxes...
list is $60,500 and my taxes and registration were about $2,000. Will sell for $62,500 to first person to provide a 10% deposit.

Car is garaged and located in North Carolina.

Matt
919 619 three two nine six (text or call)
matt.hapgood@alumni.duke.edu

Last edited:

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Just out of curiosity - not trying to be critical in anyway - may we ask what prompted your decision not keep your new Model 3...? Or did you know from the get got that was your intent?

Also, to @rxlawdude point, did you see @Ben Sullins ’ informative video recorded soon after he took delivery of his ‘newly used’ Model 3?

Good luck with the sale though. Genuinely.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pretty sure if the car is sold in the first year no one can claim it.
There is no specific language stating how long the car must be owned.
Some of the state rebates have such language, but the federal credit does not.
Only that it be purchased for personal use, and not specifically for resale.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pretty sure if the car is sold in the first year no one can claim it.
There is no specific language stating how long the car must be owned.
Some of the state rebates have such language, but the federal credit does not.
Only that it be purchased for personal use, and not specifically for resale.
Agree with @garsh as its somewhat poorly written in my opinion. When I qualified for the first time home buyer credit years back, there was a provision that if the home was sold within 3 years I had to pay back the credit. This credit has no such language beyond suggesting the car can’t be purchased for resale, but if you intend to keep it and don’t like it or it doesn’t suit your needs technically you didn’t buy it for resale, it just happened quickly.

I’m surprised no one is jumping here at the opportunity to get one quickly without markup!

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Sure, happy to provide the story. My wife got really excited when the model 3 was announced and stood in line in Colorado to get one. She is currently driving a diesel and was looking forward to getting further away from oil. But then The delays... and we realized that if we got another Tesla in the interim it would speed up our delivery date. So I bought a Model S to replace my car. We both absolutely love it.

We configured our M3 a few weeks ago and took delivery of it on Wednesday. It’s a wonderful car with two things that she wishes it has, but doesn’t... power trunk and heated steering wheel. So that is why she has decided to sell it and drive her BMW until she gets a model S.

As for tax rebate... I don’t really know the details of the rule... my accountant will tell me later if I don’t qualify... story of my life.

Oh... anyone interested in BUYING it?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
@HappyHapgood I think you will sell your Model 3 quickly. Another user recently bought an employees Model 3 basically at cost but after it was driven for several months. We are still in the phase that demand greatly outstrips supply and there are lots of people that are more financially comfortable that they would be happy to lose the tax credit to get the car immediately.

For those that question the redemption of the federal tax credit redemption, that will be up to this person’s accountant. The federal law was written without a time of ownership requirement (some state rebates Like California DO have a time requirement). The seller is not selling for a profit. There is nothing that we are aware of that would lead us to say he purchased with the intent of resale. He wanted his wife to have a nice gift but she looked at his Model S and said to him “my trunk doesn’t open automatically like yours?” Now the 3 is for sale and he needs to spend more to buy her a Model S.

“Happy wife, Happy life”. I know all too well.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@HappyHapgood I think you will sell your Model 3 quickly. Another user recently bought an employees Model 3 basically at cost but after it was driven for several months. We are still in the phase that demand greatly outstrips supply and there are lots of people that are more financially comfortable that they would be happy to lose the tax credit to get the car immediately.

For those that question the redemption of the federal tax credit redemption, that will be up to this person’s accountant. The federal law was written without a time of ownership requirement (some state rebates Like California DO have a time requirement). The seller is not selling for a profit. There is nothing that we are aware of that would lead us to say he purchased with the intent of resale. He wanted his wife to have a nice gift but she looked at his Model S and said to him “my trunk doesn’t open automatically like yours?” Now the 3 is for sale and he needs to spend more to buy her a Model S.

“Happy wife, Happy life”. I know all too well.
Couldn’t agree more — this car will go fast!

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
its almost exactly the spec I want - but effectively $7500 more than I would end up paying for it after I got the tax credit on a new one. I'll hang to get mine, my family are really keen to enjoy the official handover experience first hand :)
I'm sure someone will snap it up though.

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Tesla has already sold 300,000 cars... so less than 1/4th of the more than 400,000 M3 pre-orderers will get the federal tax credit since the federal credit is scheduled to disappear after a manufacturer sells 400,000 electric vehicles?

Regarding the handover... honestly, it was a bit disappointing for both of my Tesla’s. My MS bordered on terrible - the Tesla person was completely un-knowledgeable and not particularly nice. The M3 experience was better. - the employee couldn’t have been any nicer. Still didn’t know a ton about the car, but since it was one of their first deliveries I understand why...

Anyway, if anyone is interested please let me know. Trying to avoid listing it on the autotrader/ cars.com sites.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla has already sold 300,000 cars... so less than 1/4th of the more than 400,000 M3 pre-orderers will get the federal tax credit since the federal credit is scheduled to disappear after a manufacturer sells 400,000 electric vehicles?

Regarding the handover... honestly, it was a bit disappointing for both of my Tesla’s. My MS bordered on terrible - the Tesla person was completely un-knowledgeable and not particularly nice. The M3 experience was better. - the employee couldn’t have been any nicer. Still didn’t know a ton about the car, but since it was one of their first deliveries I understand why...

Anyway, if anyone is interested please let me know. Trying to avoid listing it on the autotrader/ cars.com sites.
The US Federal Tax Credit begins a phase out once they sell “US based” car #200,000.

Once they hit 200,000 the remainder of that quarter and the next quarter still receive $7,500.

Then 2 quarters at $3,750.

Then finally 2 quarters at $1,875.

The consumer must have a tax liability of at least the amount of the credit otherwise they can only claim up to their own tax liability. Also, if the consumer is not eligible for the credit, the car would still count toward the 200,000. Lastly, once they hit 200,000 US deliveries there is no limit to how many they can deliver during the phase out.

Status
Not open for further replies.