Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
I had a similar problem with the broken charge port, except it happened rightaway upon parking at my garage after picking up the car at the nearby delivery center. Luckily the first thing I did upon arriving home was to try and test the mobile charger setup used with my existing Model S. The charge port would not open. I promptly drove to the delivery center, who looked at the problem and fixed it within 15 minutes. The fix apparently consisted of replacing the charge port mechanical components and performing a firmware update. I haven't had the problem since then.

Well it has been three weeks and my FRUNK and Charging part door have not been repaired. I called Tesla yesterday (they never called me to give an update} and they told me that they were still waiting on parts for both the charge port door and FRUNK.. (My portable charger has been locked in the FRUNK since I got the car one month ago.) and they have no idea when the parts will arrive or when the car will be repaired.

I purchased a $61,000 piece of junk. Tesla is not ready to supply cars to the market and I seriously would recommend that no one purchase Tesla products.

They are not prepared to service and correct their defects.

Sorry. Did not post appropriately. There seem to be a lot of teething issues and I'd agree...for $61k ( or even $35k). But you almost have to expect that with a new model (I wouldn't even buy a Honda or Toyota in its first model year). And let's face it Tesla has had a history of new model startup problems.

But I'll bet they will get to you. I hope they do. It's why I am still waiting to order the car. My guess is a year from now most of these kinks will be worked out. Just like the S and the X.

Let us know how Tesla handles your problem. It is only through these owner posts that Tesla hears these complaints and gets on the ball.

I have had my car for 3 weeks and haven't went through a car wash yet. Based on all the sites, I'm actually nervous to. Is there anyway to test before a wash to see if my car is prone to the chargeport door issue? When in the car wash I am to keep it in neutral and not in park right?

This just happened with my car. No problems for the first week, then I went through a car wash and after a brief charge at a public station the next day (coincidence?) it gave me the "Charge Port Needs Service" message. The car was still able to charge overnight on the Mobile Connector.

The message cleared the next day by itself, but when I went into the Service Center they opted to replace the charge port anyway. It took about an hour. Picked up a couple of spare key cards at the same time for $5 each.

It only took 5 weeks but my FRUNK is finally fixed. Hopefully the solenoids will not freeze again.

This has been a forgettable experience. In all my life, I never had the hassle of having a problem fixed on a car. From the standpoint of the number of phone calls I had to make, the number of trips for service and the timeframe has been unacceptable.

Caveat Emptor.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.