Brand new M3P accident

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Cid

Country
Country
Just passed this by in N. VA, hope the driver is OK. The car seems to be brand new with paper tags, also car looks to be toast as the right rear was crushed. Can't tell from this pic though.
1540674550331-jpg.16706

Ct200h

Country
Country
Looks like they stopped in time but a car hit them from behind?
Pretty strong brakes not surprised you’d outbrake someone , even someone paying attention behind you.

Dale Gardner

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks like they stopped in time but a car hit them from behind?
Pretty strong brakes not surprised you’d outbrake someone , even someone paying attention behind you.
Tesla driver still didn't have enough following distance if he only stopped 2 ft shy of a pileup. Always drive more carefully (increased follow distance) when behind a truck/SUV that blocks your vision, especially at higher speeds. Perhaps the man in the suit next to the car is the driver. Feel bad for him. :(

Gavyne

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Glad that driver's ok. That's always my nightmare scenario, that I stop in time, just to get rear ended by someone following too closely behind. I have not hit someone and have always been able to stop in time. But I always cringe and wait for that pop from behind. Heard tire screeching behind me many times with close calls.

JeffcM3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Watching the car barreling towards you in the rear view mirror, and trying to get out of the way is like “Nooooo...”.

Happened to me a while back (3 vehicles ago).

Spiffywerks

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I feel for the owner, I’m so sorry for whomever he is. I’ve been rear ended 4 times. Seeing that speeding car coming at you and screeching it’s brakes is not a fun thing! I’m sure paranoid of getting rear ended. I’ve avoid at least 3 more incidents by seeing it coming and accelerating/maneuvering out of the way.

My worst rear ending incident: I was driving a ‘96 Monte Carlo z34, created a hill in a construction zone that reduced lanes to 1 and came to a stop at the end of the traffic. Paranoid already I was watching my rear view. Then a F250 pulling a double axle 5th wheel came over the hill too fast and saw all the stopped cars and stared braking trying not to lose control of his trailer. Traffic inched forward and I gained about 2 car length in front of me still unable to move to the sides out of the way watching this come at me, so right before impact I floored it, he hit me and I slammed on the brakes helping stop us both less than 6 inches from the car in front of me.

Back end of my car was pushed in about 12 inches, broke my driver’s seat from being thrown backwards, and experienced whiplash. Fortunately no one else was involved and we all walked away from it. The guy that hit me said he had a choice of loosing control of his trailer to using me to help stop him. o_O