Brake Caliper Painting Prices?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have no idea what brake caliper painting pricing should be. I found one shop around me that does it and they quoted $1100 which seems really high compared to the two prices I've seen on other forums.

Can anyone please post what you paid or were quoted?

Doing this myself is not something I'm willing to take on unfortunately.

I paid $280 to get my calipers painted and added white Tesla logo decal (In Socal) and shop provides lifetime warranty on the paint. I also got my wheels painted in color match pearl white to my model 3 (3 stage paint)

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I paid $280 to get my calipers painted and added white Tesla logo decal (In Socal) and shop provides lifetime warranty on the paint. I also got my wheels painted in color match pearl white to my model 3 (3 stage paint)

yep, the more i read the more insane my quoted price gets. really sucks since this place is still the only one i can find thus far around Pittsburgh AND it was close to my house.

yep, the more i read the more insane my quoted price gets. really sucks since this place is still the only one i can find thus far around Pittsburgh AND it was close to my house.
Yeah looks like your area is pretty pricey for this to be done. Would you try shopping in other near by cities for better quotes. Are you willing to drive to get the work done at a cheaper cost?

I've attached pics of my calipers done.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Hiep Dao

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
There’s a place called NV coatings in Northern VA that does it for $400-500 was my quote. Is it normal that they won’t take the calipers off the car when they do it? I think maybe they powder coat it, whatever that means. Also, they won’t provide the white Tesla decal....do you guys know where I can get a good quality decal that won’t get destroyed on the caliper? Should they be made of a certain material? How will red calipers look on 18” TST Sportsline turbine space gray wheels on a blue model 3? Thanks!