brake caliper bolt torque ?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Ole1

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
does anyone know the correct spec for model 3 (not pup) brake caliper bolt torque (front and rear) ?

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Brake caliper bolt torque for the front calipers is 94nm. For the rear calipers is 83nm. This applies to all versions of the model 3. A tesla mobile service tech was kind enough to provide this information when I asked.
Do you happen to have the torque spec for the slider pin bolts for the rear as well? Thanks.

Country
Country
Brake caliper bolt torque for the front calipers is 94nm. For the rear calipers is 83nm. This applies to all versions of the model 3. A tesla mobile service tech was kind enough to provide this information when I asked.
Does it say (in the pîctures) that we should only use new caliper bolts? Is it ok to reuse the same bolts? Thanks for the help.

Country
Country
Is it ok to put anti-seize on the bolts since I live in a harsh winter zone? Does anti-seize affect the torquing level of the bolts?

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Is it ok to put anti-seize on the bolts since I live in a harsh winter zone? Does anti-seize affect the torquing level of the bolts?
Yes, and Yes.

Any lubricant on threads will reduce the force needed to achieve the desired bolt stretch, or loading. But most fastener systems are well within spec with or without anti-seize lubricant.

Note that anti-seize is great for preventing dissimilar metal corrosion but maybe not that great for preventing water/salt from entering. But it's certainly better than nothing.