Boston Area / Massachusetts Thread

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVTuning

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
What a coincidence, that's when I'm at work too ;) Any regular weekend events?
Which should be asked of everyone, I figured a year ago we would already have a regular meetup already for everyone here.
I miss my 20s with a bunch of car guys with nothing better to do but drive around and chat together!
Haha, yea honestly between working at Tesla for 6 years, then trying to run 2 business plus a day job.... if I even thought about doing weekend work now my wife would probably divorce me. I've worn out that welcome lol. Maybe when and if things get busier to justify being open an additional day we might consider it and hopefully have some staff to do it besides me! We've actually been pretty active with weekend events over the summer and especially last month, just not at the shop doing work. Week nights are easier for me to get away to go meet up and hang out if that makes a difference to anyone else.

Lgkahn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@JWardell - thanks for the perspectives. I hear you. But I'm ok with paying a tire shop for the tires, mounting and balancing. I will check out EV Tuning. Good info on the Sullivan experience. Anyone try Town Fair?

And thanks for the TMC thread. I don't tend to wander that way. Found this place and stuck around. I'll need to explore there more.

@Bokonon - I'll keep an eye out for Blue Model 3 in the neighborhood!!

Lastly, looking at earlier posts on this thread -- is there an issue with the Framingham SC?

I never use sulliivan. Now oriely.o believe. I had used them for years. Salem location. Gave.them much business. One time took my wifes car in for rotate and balance and alignment. There was a nice round dent right above the tire where they obviously dented it with the alignment tool
They refused to take responsibility for it and I had to file an insurance claim. Never did business with them again. Town.fair has been fine.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Greetings Boston area Tesla owners! I wanted to extend an invitation to our final car show of the season at AutoNuvo.

This Sunday (November 10th) from 12-2 PM, we are hosting an open-invite show. We will also be having a grilled cheese food truck and music, along with lots of beautiful vehicles on display. Our "Season Opener" show in April saw 5-600 vehicles, and some of which were Teslas/EVs! Would love to see a stronger EV presence at these shows.

Hope you can make it! A link to the FB Event Page is here:

Cheers!

Ian Haan
Shop Manager
AutoNuvo
774-233-0933

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Thanks to all who came, we actually had a handful of Model 3s attend..which was nice to see amongst the sea of ICE vehicles. Hope to have an even bigger Tesla presence in the spring!

Ian Haan
Shop Manager
AutoNuvo

Cintoman

Country
Country
Thanks to all who came, we actually had a handful of Model 3s attend..which was nice to see amongst the sea of ICE vehicles. Hope to have an even bigger Tesla presence in the spring!

Ian Haan
Shop Manager
AutoNuvo
Yep...had a really great time. So many amazing cars showed up. I was one of the Model 3's representing there...mine was the blue AWD one parked in the overflow lot away from the shop. Saw a Black (SR+), Red (P) and a White one.

Looking forward to the springtime show.

--Cintoman

Nom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For anyone curious, Super Chargers in Chestnut Hill area haven't made a ton of progress. Some cement was poured since the last time I posted. That said, looks like all that needs to happen is for the actual vertical charging structures at each parking spot to be put in place but I don't really know.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Yep...had a really great time. So many amazing cars showed up. I was one of the Model 3's representing there...mine was the blue AWD one parked in the overflow lot away from the shop. Saw a Black (SR+), Red (P) and a White one.

Looking forward to the springtime show.

--Cintoman
Thanks so much for coming, glad you had a great time!

Ian Haan
Shop Manager
AutoNuvo

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For anyone curious, Super Chargers in Chestnut Hill area haven't made a ton of progress. Some cement was poured since the last time I posted. That said, looks like all that needs to happen is for the actual vertical charging structures at each parking spot to be put in place but I don't really know.
Waiting on inspection perhaps?

Cintoman

Country
Country
So this happened a few days ago when I was driving up to a building ATM. These are right next to those drive-up windows where the drawer extends and you put your banking stuff in it. Unlike Drive-Up ATM's, this ATM was set a little further into the building, forcing me to get a little closer with my car in order to reach it. And sure enough, I was a bit too close and I ended up scuffing my left front wheel. In over 30 years of driving, I think it's been at least 25 years since I've scuffed up a wheel. Kills me to see this on my car. At any rate, it's not too bad of a scrape, so I'm pretty sure this can be repaired versus having to get a brand new wheel. Especially since I heard that a new wheel is around $600+.

My question is if any of you know of a reputable place that would be able to repair this? Preferably in the RI area, but of course MA/Boston area isn't far of a drive for me either. From what I've seen, these repairs make the wheel look brandy new.

--Cintoman
20191228_130315-jpg.31594

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Happy New Year Bostonians! Looks like the Chestnut Hill SC is close to completion.

FYI - I tried one, just in case, it didn’t work.
Chestnut Hill supercharger is now operational! Drove by last weekend and saw the "TESLA" on each stall illuminated in red, and a Model X and a Model 3 plugged in.

Cintoman

Country
Country
I remember when it was the Model 3 that had just arrived in Dedham. I was so excited to see one in person that I drove the 40 mins or so up from RI to Dedham just to catch a glimpse. All of them were in the back and it wasn't too hard to sneak back there. Although I did get caught by an employee who politely questioned me...and we ended up having a great conversation after the questioning (told him that I was a Day 1 Reservation Holder and was just super excited).

And now it's the Y's turn. Although I won't be getting one, still super excited to see them on the East Coast now.

--Cintoman

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I should have zipped down to see it today, would have been a good excuse to get out of the house and we know traffic is no longer an issue. I am really curious how the Y feels in real life. I very much consider trading up for a hatchback (and another motor), but not with the current money situation. I'm hoping it follows Model 3 and pricing falls in the second year.