Bonneville Salt Flats

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• Please post your personal videos into a single thread to keep things organized. Thanks
save_300_dollars_ev_dot_energy

sduck

Top-Contributor
Country
Country

I've always wanted to drive around the Bonneville Salt Flats, and finally got my chance. I had a fairly new drone with me (a DJI Air 2S), so I got to test out some of its features. Most of this was done with the follow mode - just told it to follow me, and drove around randomly. It did a pretty good job, especially considering how windy it was. Note that this was shot a few hours before I remembered I have some Neutral Density filters, which would have made it look better, so this is just the straight normal footage.

This part I was driving in isn't the speedway part, and is really bumpy, so I didn't go very fast or drift or anything.

If you go to do this kind of thing, do yourself a favor and as soon as possible afterwards, find a self service car wash, and wash the salt off with a high power wash. Get down on the ground and make sure you get the stuff on the bottom of the car. And the next day, go back and do it again and get the stuff you missed. It's all extremely corrosive, you don't want it sitting on your car for long. And make sure you have good floor mats or footwell protectors of some kind.

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Really cool footage, I enjoyed it! Didn't matter that you weren't racing. Reminded me of some kinda scene from a sci-fi flick. Well done!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Take a guess where I'm going to take the Roadster for a full tilt boogie flat out run? ;)