Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

bmw bike rack on model 3 crossbars?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  D. J. 
#1 ·
just got my model 3 crossbars and very disappointed that I can’t fit my old bmw rooftop accessories on it. seem the the space under the slot is slightly too narrow. the bike rack has these screws with rectangular heads that are slightly too large to fit in the model 3 crossbars. i noticed that there’s a bunch of thule adapter screws out there but i have no idea which ones if any would be a good fit. anyone have any suggestions on a solution?

#2 ·
I just bought some Thule t-slot style bolts from an Xadapt8 and Xadapt12 kit. They do fit in the slot. I have no idea if Thule's t-slot bolts are better or worse than other t-slot options.

Note: Only one of the two kits I have had the nuts included. If they don't have the nuts, you may need to go to your hardware store and get the equivalent metric nuts.
The other kit had three bolts that were long and one shorter length bolt. Not as useful for me.
I was just short on time and needed to buy something local. You might have better luck calling Thule directly to get the actual t-bolt length and quantities you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.