Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Bloomberg Survey (now with results)

7K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  Carl_P 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I did it. Asking for the VIN ensures their results will be credible. I think they're going to be surprised by what they see when it's over - we're (overall) a pretty satisfied group!

#5 ·
I took my time and went into detail of what an amazing car this is and how great the service has been.

I do worry that the FUD group will flood the site using fake VINs and poor reviews...

#6 ·
Making everyone provide the VIN is the key. No FUDs can get in and post fake stories. And what is the big deal about letting Bloomberg confidentialy see the VIN? It's not your social security number...

#8 ·
I took the survey. I love my car and the results will show that, but I was critical of service and customer service. I suspect you'll see some spikes in that area.

Reactions: littlD
#9 ·
also filled in the survey - would have preferred they included some "not applicable" as some areas like handling in snow/ice aren't something i've needed to deal with. and having selected "FSD" as my purchased AP option, the next page asked experience with FSD... obviously FSD isn't a thing yet. so you do answer with the "neutral' option? or assume they really mean that to be AP overall? I think that particular example is just Bloomberg's ignorance to what is currently available as part of AP.

#13 ·
Thanks for sharing it here. I have completed it too!

#16 ·
Did it the day it came out

#17 ·
Just took this survey, only one problem with it, when asking what your second automobile is they don't give the option for selecting another Model 3, it's not in the list.

#19 ·
Just completed. Would also like to see the results when available.

#22 ·
I wonder why they never released the results of the surveys. Maybe just too few people took it...

#26 ·
Most of it is laid out to look pretty bad revealing our cars have lots of little problems. Then it goes on to say most were corrected easily. The survey is already out of date since many things have been upgraded by over air software updates. Conclusion: "Notwithstanding its initial flaws, Tesla owners raved about their cars. This is something of a paradox found repeatedly in the Bloomberg survey—many of those owners who dealt with defects in their new Model 3 gave the electric sedan high overall marks for satisfaction. They gave their highest ratings to its design, performance, and some of the unusual software features that help define Tesla’s brand. A nearly unanimous 99.6% of respondents said the Model 3 is a pleasure to drive, the kind of consensus rarely reached by any consumer product."

#27 ·
Most of it is laid out to look pretty bad revealing our cars have lots of little problems. Then it goes on to say most were corrected easily. The survey is already out of date since many things have been upgraded by over air software updates. Conclusion: "Notwithstanding its initial flaws, Tesla owners raved about their cars. This is something of a paradox found repeatedly in the Bloomberg survey-many of those owners who dealt with defects in their new Model 3 gave the electric sedan high overall marks for satisfaction. They gave their highest ratings to its design, performance, and some of the unusual software features that help define Tesla's brand. A nearly unanimous 99.6% of respondents said the Model 3 is a pleasure to drive, the kind of consensus rarely reached by any consumer product."
I don't think it's laid out to look bad, and no the survey is not out of date. It's a survey showing what people wrote in. They're only presenting the data that they were given. It's up to date and showing that the problems are being reduced over time. Also, they discuss that by JD power, the average is something like 91 problems / 100 cars, although they state that that's not directly compatible. So no surprise that the Model 3 has lots of little problems. They all do.

Part of their conclusion also said that the level of problems per 100 vehicles peaked in September 2018 and has been declining ever since. Not sure how you consider that out of date. Yes, many of them have been fixed by software updates, just as many of the issues have been fixed by service (mine included, I'm in that survey someplace). The survey is what it is.....

#30 ·
Interesting read. Seems in line with what I've seen with my own car and read on this site and other forums. There weren't many surprises to me.

Just a point about the data being "old". It isn't, but even if you choose to believe that, it still shows a trend of gradual improvement over time which we can use to predict the quality of cars coming out in the future. You can see when major things happen at Tesla and how it affects issues appearing and disappearing. Found that kind of neat.

#31 ·
about the data being "old". It isn't, but even if you choose to believe that, it still shows a trend of gradual improvement
There was a final question asking about what is missing from the survey. It would make sense to ask "What version of software are you running?" to map the improvements.

In my case, I suggested asking how long it takes to feel in control and comfortable with the car:
  • Leaving the lot
  • First 30 days
  • First 90 days
  • Still learning (my choice)
Bob Wilson

Reactions: Needsdecaf
#33 · (Edited)
All,

Bloomberg has posted a Model 3 Survey in which they plot battery degradation. See the bottom of this page:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-tesla-model-3-survey/customer-service-battery.html

Result of the study: Charging capacity declines less than 1% for every 10,000 miles of driving.

My mid-range is at 248 miles (6% degradation) after just 11k miles. I am one of those dots at the bottom, and certainly an outlier. I wish board members would stop saying that 5% degradation in the first 10k miles is normal (I've been told this). It's not, according to this study of 5000+ batteries.

#38 ·
Bloomberg has posted a Model 3 Survey in which they plot battery degradation. See the bottom of this page:
But also note how many points on that graph show a capacity greater than 100%.
It makes me question the validity of simply asking users to state their level of degradation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.