Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

bloody clips: rear seat clips break

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SoFlaModel3 
#1 ·
So, there's a few YouTube videos showing you how easy it is to remove the rear seat bottom of a Model 3. I went about to try and take mine out today because there's been a rattle since the car came back from Service and the HW3 upgrade. Dang, guess what, the clips on the early seats are not anything like what's used on the later seats. Can anyone point me to a good video or description of how to remove an early seat? I'm also positive that one or both of my early clips broke and that's what sliced my finger trying to get at it. Looks worse than it is. Still, mildly annoyed at how hard this part of the car is to take apart. Can I order new original clips? Or do I have to get an entire rear seat to get them? I guess I'll put in a service request? Wish we had a SC here in NM :-(
Human body Gesture Finger Thumb Nail

See less See more
#2 ·
Followup question: can I fit a later seat into a really early car? I presume so and the later seats have "more foam"... I see that eBay has clips for sale too, can I buy them direct from Tesla instead of buying a used one from some eBay seller?

#3 ·
In my experience if you go to the service center or mobile service asking for clips, they'll probably just drop a handful of them into your palm.

Also, wear good mechanic's gloves when removing interior pieces. They hide a lot of sharp edges.

#4 ·
In my experience if you go to the service center or mobile service asking for clips, they'll probably just drop a handful of them into your palm.
My nearest SC is in Texas, 5.5 hours from here. Anyone live near a service center and willing to go get a couple for me? I'll happily pay postage/shipping! BTW, none of the YouTube videos showed guys with gloves, you just slide the clip towards the outside and lift. My clip shattered and the plastic from the clip carved its way into my finger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.