Blind spot notification and dash cam feature teased by Elon

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've seen all the reports of software being in the form of year and week followed by other numbers. I've seen 8.1 referred to and now Musk says 8.2 - how do the two numbers correlate?

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How do you find the software version on the Model 3??

Also can’t wait for the best safety feature - Blind Spot Notification Audible Alarm”
If you tap the "T" in the center of the screen you'll see that you're on version 8.1.

RAS550

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Does anyone know if the blindspot chime is expected to come to all Model 3's, or just the ones with EAP/FSD?

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone know if the blindspot chime is expected to come to all Model 3's, or just the ones with EAP/FSD?
Seeing as how “safety is standard” I would expect everyone gets this. No one knows for sure though.

rlb4

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It really should be on all models. Most cars now, even inexpensive ones, have forward collision warning/braking; rear cross traffic alert with braking; blind spot monitoring; and some w/ lane keep assist. It's hard to believe that Tesla does not make all of these standard on all of their models, especially since they proclaim to be so advanced and safe. The hardware is there so it is just a matter of software/activating it.

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seeing as how “safety is standard” I would expect everyone gets this. No one knows for sure though.
I know it must be nice, but up until now, I have never owned a car with blind spot warnings. It sure sounds like a very first-world problem, not having it, but I'll take it if it comes. I just hope it's not an annoying chime every time a car is about to pass me. I have an amazing 15" screen that I can (optionally) use to glance at my blind spots, and two very reliable side-view mirrors in my Model 3. We all do.

Please, don't scream at me for not thinking it is absolutely necessary. I am just applying my experience to driving since I turned 16 years of age. At 47, I have not had it, and the only accident I had in the past, was because of a drunk driver. Nothing related to my blind spot. o_O

p.s. I have driven at least half a million miles. So I don't think it has been luck.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know it must be nice, but up until now, I have never owned a car with blind spot warnings. It sure sounds like a very first-world problem, not having it, but I'll take it if it comes. I just hope it's not an annoying chime every time a car is about to pass me. I have an amazing 15" screen that I can (optionally) use to glance at my blind spots, and two very reliable side-view mirrors in my Model 3. We all do.

Please, don't scream at me for not thinking it is absolutely necessary. I am just applying my experience to driving since I turned 16 years of age. At 47, I have not had it, and the only accident I had in the past, was because of a drunk driver. Nothing related to my blind spot. o_O

p.s. I have driven at least half a million miles. So I don't think it has been luck.
In my previous cars the blind spot detection/warning was a light in the mirror along with an audible alert when you activated the turn signal with a car in your blindspot.

My guess for Tesla since the mirrors aren't changing retroactively is that they do the following:

1) Move the car forward on the display and show a more 360 view of cars around you
2) Audible alert when you activate the turn signal with a car in the blindspot on that side

Assuming I am right, I like it!

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In my previous cars the blind spot detection/warning was a light in the mirror along with an audible alert when you activated the turn signal with a car in your blindspot.

My guess for Tesla since the mirrors aren't changing retroactively is that they do the following:

1) Move the car forward on the display and show a more 360 view of cars around you
2) Audible alert when you activate the turn signal with a car in the blindspot on that side

Assuming I am right, I like it!
That does sound yummy. Me likey.