Black Hole of Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
Elon Musk says that he will stop advising President Trump if US leaves Paris climate accord

President Donald Trump has been talking about pulling the U.S. out of the Paris climate change agreement since the election, but he had yet to formally confirm or initiate the move.

Today, rumors came out that he made the decision of pulling out and that it is now only about how they plan to do so.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who is on the President’s Strategic and Policy Forum and manufacturing council, has been advising the President to stay committed to the Paris agreement and he now threatens to quit the councils if the rumors are true. more…

Continue reading...

JBsC6

Country
Country
Like anyone gives a crap...Musk...your threats are meaningless...

Leave the political agendas to the crooked politicians..

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Not meaningless but counter-productive should / if trump then starts to make life harder for Tesla. As the old saying goes keep your friends close and your enemies, even closer.
There is nothing to be gained for America to make life harder for T≡SLA so that would make little sense. On the other hand, there is little value for Elon to waste his time trying to advise someone who shows he does not want to listen.
I'll say no more to respect our rules... yet be sure my fingers are burning soooo hot, I have to apologize to y'all for the extra CO2 emissions... :confused::rolleyes::confused:

Topher

Energy Curmudgeon
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Mixed feelings. It is good to have sensible people advising nonsensical leaders. But only if they listen, otherwise it is a waste of Elon's valuable time.

That said, No one can stop us from buying electric cars, putting up Solar panels, adding storage, planting trees, drastically reducing miles flown, and on, and on. No one can prevent us from imposing a Carbon tax on ourselves. NO ONE can keep us from saving the planet. The Paris Agreement is just politicians posturing, we would have to do the real work anyway.

Thank you kindly.

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Elon's stand is ex-wife approved:

(I'm not sure DJT understands what the Paris Agreement is)
I am a life-long Republican (not a Tea Party newcomer) and a retired elected state official. Trump is a constant embarrassment! I don't want this forum to be political, but there is something wrong about Trump. I apologize in advance to my brothers and sisters and will never do another political post.

ModFather

old CARmudgeon
Country
Country
As the US abdicates as a world leader on climate change, Governor Jerry Brown is traveling to China to negotiate a climate deal on behalf of the nation-State California, the 5th largest economy in the world. Other Western States may decide to join in. Incompetence creates opportunities. Perhaps Elon will agree to sit on California's board of economic advisors.

RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
US pulls out of Paris Agreement, despite tremendous public support for staying in

Mr. Trump has announced that he will pull the US out of the Paris Climate Agreement, effective today. Despite the vast majority of Americans support remaining in the Agreement by a 5:1 margin, and even a 2:1 margin among Republicans, Mr. Trump claimed that the decision to pull out was born of a desire to follow the will of the people.
The US will consider re-entering the Agreement after “negotiating a new deal” which is more “fair” to the US. It is unclear what is “unfair” about the Paris Agreement, as the Agreement itself does not set any specific goals for the US or any other country.

more…

Continue reading...

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Kudos to Trump for getting the US out of an unfair agreement. While we should continue to pursue clean energy, sticking the taxpayers with an unfair bill to fund the ineptitude of miscellaneous foreign countries is not beneficial to either the climate or the taxpayers. Good job!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@SSonnentag, we try to make an effort to keep political arguments off of this website. I am not disagreeing with your view - I would just prefer to have those sorts of discussions somewhere else.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Remember me?!?

I am the guy who cued for two days to be the first person in the world to register for the Model 3. I did so FIRST AND FOREMOST due to my concerns about CLIMATE CHANGE.

Today's announcement by Donald Trump to withdraw from the Paris Climate Change agreement is making me SERIOUSLY consider cancelling my reservation.

While I would hate to hurt a business or an industry that I strongly believe is part of the solution to climate change, I find the direction that the DSA (Dis-united States of America) is taking today contrary to the interest of my child and future generations.

If Trump does not want people to buy the BEST products, but to simply buy AMERICAN, by the same logic, he is telling me to not buy a TESLA, but some other second grade product that is manufactured locally (not that ANY cars are still being manufactured in Australia).

Anyway, my FIRM registration is now under review and my previously high level of conviction of DOING THE RIGHT THING by ordering a Telsa has turned into self-doubt and disappointment.

I would not be surprised if Tesla is going to receive a flood of registration cancellations out of Europe. As a Tesla shareholder (also under review), I am quite concerned.

I for one would think that Elon Musk resigning from any formal or informal advisory position he holds with the Trump administration would actually make me feel more inclined to maintain the registration.
I fully share some of your angst, yet I don't know why cancelling your reservation, which you felt strongly about having a positive impact, would make sense now, just because somebody takes the wrong decision for the planet - and for the country - which will have the absolute contrary effect!
Elon already tweeted announcing he will no longer be an advisor to Donald Trump.
(...) If anything now more than ever it is truly important that you buy a Tesla (or other EV).
Absolutely! Definitely sleep on it a few weeks, Andreas...

Status
Not open for further replies.