Best wheel color for model 3?

osubuckeyes88

Country
Country
Hi guys.

I plan on either picking the red or white model 3. I'm still undecided at this time but more likely leaning towards red (although this changes daily as I see new pictures). I ended up ordering the gloss black rims from TST during christmas but now am second guessing that gloss black. After looking at all the white and red teslas, they all appear to look best with gray/gun metal. My concern is that gloss may make it look cheap but i'm aiming for sporty/elegant look. Also that it may bed too much contrast between white and gloss black, making it look like it's floating on the street. I also plan on doing a black chrome delete as well. I'm second guessing myself on the gloss black, looking to get some opinions on this. Thanks!

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi guys.

I plan on either picking the red or white model 3. I'm still undecided at this time but more likely leaning towards red (although this changes daily as I see new pictures). I ended up ordering the gloss black rims from TST during christmas but now am second guessing that gloss black. After looking at all the white and red teslas, they all appear to look best with gray/gun metal. My concern is that gloss may make it look cheap but i'm aiming for sporty/elegant look. Also that it may bed too much contrast between white and gloss black, making it look like it's floating on the street. I also plan on doing a black chrome delete as well. I'm second guessing myself on the gloss black, looking to get some opinions on this. Thanks!
I like the gunmetal look best, but I think it's really all about personal preference. I don't particularly like red cars, but if you do go for it!

osubuckeyes88

Country
Country
I like the gunmetal look best, but I think it's really all about personal preference. I don't particularly like red cars, but if you do go for it!
Thanks. Yeah i'm really 50/50 on the red or white but really second guessing myself if I should have purchased the gloss black rim color.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think with red or white there are lots of combinations that will look good. If you’re going with darker rims, I’d consider a chrome delete on the car as well.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
For the red car color, I think the black gloss will look very nice. I like the idea above about the chrome delete with it.

We are ordering (hopefully soon!) blue for the car color and aero wheels. We are not worried about aero wheel cover color too much since they will only be on for long trips and otherwise stored. But we would prefer silver for the rims. Has anyone seen pics of the aero wheels powder coated silver or have any concerns about that. I am assuming it's a relatively inexpensive item to powder coat them, I am just not sure if the aero wheel cover snaps will scratch them and that could be visible.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I think the metallic gray would look even better, but both would be great! I'm still torn on getting after market wheels instead of upgrading to the sport wheels.
It’s all a matter of taste vs. budget (and a bit of range topic in the end) in the end...
Purely rational would be 18’’ (including aftermarket options ...) yet are we really always rational...? ;)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country