Been in the shop for trunk/door locking error

Jasmine

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
About a week after driving home proud and happy, our doors wont lock and it says our trunk is open. It has been in the dealership for two weeks, as they try to fix it. Finally got it back yesterday morning and guess what? We have the same problem! It wasn't fixed.
Going to have to bring it back AGAIN!
I will say that Serviceman was very nice and prompt to give us updates, but it sure would be nice to get this fixed.
Anyone else have this problem so I can advise Technicians?
Thanks!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m sorry to hear you have had a rough few weeks. A bit of a FUD-style thread title though, no?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry to hear of the problems. Your's are not the only ones, there truly are many. There aren't a ton of excuses for it, but there are some serious growing pains at Tesla with a first year model car. They are working the problem and attempting fixes. I figure they gave you a loaner while they had your car, they haven't turned their backs on you, and they will continue to diagnose and work on the problem.

They'll get this right, could actually be a BCM or wiring harness, may take more troubleshooting if this is a new issue to them.

Jasmine

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks, GDN! That is exactly what my husband said it might be, a wire issue. Yes, they gave us a loaner car, but I want my Tesla back, especially after only having it a short while.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Thanks, GDN! That is exactly what my husband said it might be, a wire issue. Yes, they gave us a loaner car, but I want my Tesla back, especially after only having it a short while.
Which Service Center is this? Your location just says "USA".

Jasmine

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am not upset at the Service Center, as I feel our contact has been VERY responsive and is doing his best. When you buy a car, as I have bought many, you don't expect or want these kinds of problems within days of purchase.
It is worry some for me long term.
Burlingame, CA. Car was picked up in Fremont, CA
Thanks for your help!

Jasmine

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am also a little worried, as we ordered it last month and within two weeks the car was ready to be picked up. I thought there was usually a long wait and concerned we might have gotten a "reject" car that someone else didn't want.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am also a little worried, as we ordered it last month and within two weeks the car was ready to be picked up. I thought there was usually a long wait and concerned we might have gotten a "reject" car that someone else didn't want.
It definitely depends on what you ordered and where you are located. I never got all of the details on the event, but apparently if you live in the LA area many people receive a notification for this past weekend where they could just show up and they would have a lot full of Model 3's, if one matched your configuration and you could work out payment/financing, apparently you could get in and drive off. Didn't see any follow up so see that that played out, but there are some getting cars quickly, and some taking months.