Bay Area/Model 3 owner

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi everyone. I'm a Model 3 owner in the Bay Area. SO is a Tesla employee, I am not - but the Model 3 is my new daily driver! We've had it a little over a month. I'll be hanging around and look forward to chatting with everyone.
Congrats on the Model 3 and welcome to the forum!

We are all chomping at the bit to join you as Model 3 owners!!!

What color did you go with?

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hi everyone. I'm a Model 3 owner in the Bay Area. SO is a Tesla employee, I am not - but the Model 3 is my new daily driver! We've had it a little over a month. I'll be hanging around and look forward to chatting with everyone.
Welcome and warm greetings from across the water! Please be so kind and include a few pics under daylight... which VIN number did you get? What has been the most gratifying part of your experience so far? What about any slight disappointments? (There may not be any you care to share or any at all... that’s fine too! ;))

RCvetter

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welcome and warm greetings from across the water! Please be so kind and include a few pics under daylight... which VIN number did you get? What has been the most gratifying part of your experience so far? What about any slight disappointments? (There may not be any you care to share or any at all... that’s fine too! ;))
Thanks for the welcome! VIN is lower than 100, which is very cool for us, not so much for everyone who is counting up. :) Most gratifying part has been playing with Autopilot, which I had a great deal of experience with as a passenger but not as a driver. The sound system is pretty wonderful too. No disappointments at this time (honestly!).

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Thanks for joining us here!!! :)

Everyone will have their own questions or requests. Mine is simple: as many videos or pictures (videos are best!) of the charge indicator on the screen (or in the phone app) when charging (AC, Supercharger, and CHAdeMO) as you can. Likewise, pictures / video of the speed and state of charge indicators on the screen when driving (ideally paired with a route description and/or having the view out the windshield visible, so that terrain can be taken into account). I'll incorporate the data into this spreadsheet, which lets people who are working on range calculators and trip planners better model how a Model 3 will perform and where it can reach. You benefit and so does everyone else! :)

Last edited:

RCvetter

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh, BTW, if you feel up to it you could correct this bit of FUD about the wipers:

https://jalopnik.com/we-have-to-talk-about-the-tesla-model-3s-windshield-wip-1819439449

Seems to be circulating a lot at the moment, not just in that article.
Yep. Wrong, as the author has conceded. I'm in the Bay Area so I haven't experienced rain in this car yet.

We haven't tried to push the range as we stop every 2-3 or so hours anyway out of habit. Recently took the car from Seaside CA charger to Big Sur and back to Redwood City on one charge, with charge to spare.

Last edited:

RCvetter

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will buy it from you,150k? Just kidding:D
How are people's reaction to the model 3?
Ha! I wonder what happened after that post was removed.
My experience: Tesla people usually ooh and aah over typical things like the display and interior and range.
Non-Tesla owners sit inside and look up at the glass roof and go "whoooaahhh..."

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
welcome :)
after a month now, is there any little things about the car you discovered that have surprised you or you really like that you hadn't expected?
also, there are still quite a few unanswered questions in this thread's post #1 if you care to fill in some blanks there :)

AM1

Country
Country
Thanks for posting and congratulations!

Question: Early production vehicles from all manufacturers seem to have minor issues that require service. Have you needed any service yet? If so, then what?

Thanks

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for posting and congratulations!

Question: Early production vehicles from all manufacturers seem to have minor issues that require service. Have you needed any service yet? If so, then what?

Thanks
being this is an employee (spouse), please do not put them in an awkward position by asking what is/was wrong with their sub 100 VIN car.

AM1

Country
Country
being this is an employee (spouse), please do not put them in an awkward position by asking what is/was wrong with their sub 100 VIN car.
Sorry, but they know their limitations on what they can and can't say. If she choses not to answer based on an actual or 'handshake' NDA I have no problems with that.

RCvetter

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
welcome :)
after a month now, is there any little things about the car you discovered that have surprised you or you really like that you hadn't expected?
also, there are still quite a few unanswered questions in this thread's post #1 if you care to fill in some blanks there :)
An odd little thing that's neither here nor there, but it's very comfortable for someone of my height to drive (5'3). I figured I'd go through an adjustment period where it's super uncomfortable, like pretty much every rental car I've ever driven, but I have had no such issue. I know of individuals more than a foot taller who are quite comfortable driving as well. And having your seat, mirror and steering wheel preferences pre-programmed into the car is a godsend when switching between drivers of (wildly) varying heights.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry, but they know their limitations on what they can and can't say.
I don't know. @RiggerJon and @PTFI were originally saying that they weren't told of any limitations by Tesla, but later learned that there were some. A manager at a Tesla store tried selling his car on eBay. It seems like Tesla is doing a pretty poor job of making sure that both employees and the family members of employees who have bought these first cars know what is expected of them.

AM1

Country
Country
I don't know. @RiggerJon and @PTFI were originally saying that they weren't told of any limitations by Tesla, but later learned that there were some. A manager at a Tesla store tried selling his car on eBay. It seems like Tesla is doing a pretty poor job of making sure that both employees and the family members of employees who have bought these first cars know what is expected of them.
Exactly. They know their limitations and can choose to answer or not answer a question. No harm, no foul. Honest question with no expectation that the question will be answered.

Not sure why there is an issue here, but so be it.