Battery Breather service

P1ay3rO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I dropped my Model 3 off this morning at my local service center to have them look at a small issue and on the service list in addition to my issue they had a line for installing a 'Battery Breather'. Does anyone know what this is? I'm assuming it is a fix for some issue they may have found after cars were on the road for a while, but the lady assisting me didn't have any further information. Just wondering if anybody on here knows about it.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I dropped my Model 3 off this morning at my local service center to have them look at a small issue and on the service list in addition to my issue they had a line for installing a 'Battery Breather'. Does anyone know what this is? I'm assuming it is a fix for some issue they may have found after cars were on the road for a while, but the lady assisting me didn't have any further information. Just wondering if anybody on here knows about it.
The ranger out to my house for other issues addressed that on my car as well. It's a service bulletin that Tesla has out for all cars (or perhaps cars within a VIN range? Not sure.) to be checked to ensure something was installed.

For me, that involved the ranger accessing something just in front of the rear tires under, and on each side of, the car. He noted mine had the parts in questions already installed. My takeaway is that there were some vehicles that made it out to deliveries that were missing a component/part of the battery breather.

EDIT: Here is a link to pictures I posted earlier after my ranger visit.

https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/my-model-3-heav3n.5943/page-7#post-113357

Last edited: