Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Love the red T≡SLA emblem too! :cool:
Yup. I like the emblem and may get the chrome version for my Silver...to match with the rest of the chrome. I don't believe in chrome delete, haha! :D Not sure about the Model 3 lettering yet.

Checked their site and saw they have the clear protective wrap for center console also and so will get that. Looks like some shopping to do.

Last edited:

mbrucem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like the plain look with just the "Model 3" license plate frame (which seems to be hit or miss if cars are delivered with it, "TESLA" frames or none at all.

OR...
I got the Model 3 plate (front and back, though they did not add the frame to the front yet).

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like the plain look with just the "Model 3" license plate frame (which seems to be hit or miss if cars are delivered with it, "TESLA" frames or none at all.

OR...
(I know it’s just a license plate frame but.....)

Agree 100%. I actually bought the Model 3 plate frame from the Tesla online store. Wanted to make sure I had one locked in. Will be the only addition to the back of the car on top of the stock ‘T’. What I like about it. It uses all 4 holes for mounting. Many aftermarket plate frames only use the top 2 holes and they rattle every time you close the trunk. The plate slides in on top of the mounting tabs isolating it from the paint. As well the contact area on the back of the tabs and part of the frame are rubber coated to prevent paint damage. Plus it’s made by Tesla ;)

e4f46fbc-f725-498b-9eda-d0c735f9eca2-jpeg.5387

1878cbb1-fb17-4404-8742-76c8fb0f5caf-jpeg.5388

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really like the fact that the car has no badging except for the "T". I look forward to answering the question "What is that?" and when I say "It's a Tesla" I know the response will most likely be "Oh really......who makes that?". Always gave me a laugh when I had a Lotus!

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Agree 100%. I actually bought the Model 3 plate frame from the Tesla online store. Wanted to make sure I had one locked in. Will be the only addition to the back of the car on top of the stock ‘T’. What I like about it. It uses all 4 holes for mounting. Many aftermarket plate frames only use the top 2 holes and they rattle every time you close the trunk. The plate slides in on top of the mounting tabs isolating it from the paint. As well the contact area on the back of the tabs and part of the frame are rubber coated to prevent paint damage. Plus it’s made by Tesla ;)

View attachment 5387

View attachment 5388
Plus, the etching for "MODEL 3" is very subtle. It's not very noticeable more than a few feet away or viewed at an angle.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I really like the fact that the car has no badging except for the "T". I look forward to answering the question "What is that?" and when I say "It's a Tesla" I know the response will most likely be "Oh really......who makes that?". Always gave me a laugh when I had a Lotus!
And if you had a Roadster gen 1, You could say "It's a Telsa" and in response to who made it you could say "Lotus makes it"

I find the Tesla discussion with non car people to be like talking to kids sometimes....
"And who is that?"
"And what is that?"
"And where is that made?"
"And who is that?"
"And you put what where?!?!?!"

The questions never end.

mbrucem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@mbrucem Did Tesla charge you for the frame on the 3? I wasn't charged for my frames on the X but I see that the 3 frames are sold in the Tesla store.
I got the one on the back for free... right now nothing on the front. Seems the Service Center is ordering me one (the only ones that they had said 'All Wheel Drive'. Will let you know.

mbrucem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

View attachment 5387

View attachment 5388
That is the one that came on my car. No charge. But just for the back. Agree on the 4 holes. Quality nice.

mbrucem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure how I feel about this one. While it definitely makes the Model 3 more like its stable mates, I have come to kind of like the fact that it is so clean. Nice to know there are options though for those that want their 3 to look more like a baby S.

Dan

I like it clean!! Everything is so Scandinavian. I like the chrome. Added clean protection on the interior piano black. To me, keep it as is!!