Backup Camera View Blacked Out

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Septapr

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So the problem seems more widespread and rampant than I originally thought. I literally never had a problem with the camera until yesterday.

So now I’ve had my camera replaced twice and the traveling service technician keeps putting it on the cameras being at fault. I keep reading firmware as the issue and it seems logical BUT. I’ve also noticed when heavily loading the trunk the issue of the dreaded black screen in reverse pops up and pretty much for the past month we’ve been without a backup camera despite it being replaced two weeks ago. I’ve rebooted multiple times, cameras replaced, opened the rear camera from the screen manually and now we are continuously without the backup camera. For the ‘moderator’ the issue does appear to have become rampant, extremely frustrating, and cause for concern amongst TESLA owners. Trust me I’m still a “TESLA Fan Boy” at heart for all that this guy and his company are doing to create a better world for my kids to grow up in. But a problem is a problem and it doesn’t get fixed by being dismissive. TESLA PLEASE HELP US with this little problem we are having

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pretty silly that they still can't fix this issue after all this time. The back up camera is the one thing I like the least in my car, its below average at night and sometimes goes black all together like everyone else. My 2019 Ram has a high resolution picture for the back up camera and it works every time. Still can't believe they can't figure this one out...lol