Backup camera image is hard to see (sometimes)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I mentioned this the other day in a thread (that I can’t seem to find), but took a picture just now to really show it.

This doesn’t happen all the time and the odd thing is my car is not backing into direct sun.

This is my parent’s driveway which is reddish paver. You can see it appears white and the backup guidelines are essentially not visible at all.

6D50DAD5-ADB5-41BB-9A78-25F132E46683.jpeg

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I mentioned this the other day in a thread (that I can’t seem to find), but took a picture just now to really show it.

This doesn’t happen all the time and the odd thing is my car is not backing into direct sun.

This is my parent’s driveway which is reddish paver. You can see it appears white and the backup guidelines are essentially not visible at all.

View attachment 6091
Whoa! That picture took me right back to the late 60’s :)

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

View attachment 6091
There are gridlines? Didn't know that the 3 had them.

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

View attachment 6091
I assume you reported this already. Wasn't the camera resolution improved with a recent software update? You mentioned this doesn't happen all the time. Is it pretty good the rest of the time? For instance, can you drive with the backup camera on, to compensate for the rearview mirror?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I assume you reported this already. Wasn't the camera resolution improved with a recent software update? You mentioned this doesn't happen all the time. Is it pretty good the rest of the time? For instance, can you drive with the backup camera on, to compensate for the rearview mirror?
I wouldn’t just drive with the camera on all the time. It’s ok but not great. The fish eye effect is still there.