Backing out of trade in

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I have an trade in offer from Tesla through self appraisal process. I got a better offer from Carmax which my ISA says they will honor and match.

I really believe, I can sell my current car for more in private sale, but I also want to close and get my 3 delivered ASAP. In Texas they take 15 days after account is finalized and full payment is received.

Has anyone backed out of trade in after the account is finalized and agreement has been signed?

Can I instead chose to pay the agreed amount of trade in (plus the extra sales tax) on/before delivery?

Anyone who has signed the agreement can indicate if the agreement has any clause regarding this?

According to me, there must be some condition since it is possible for the trade in to be lost/stolen/totaled between the time account is finalized and delivery.