Back in the window!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Will you have a Model 3 by February 28, 2018?

• Yes

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 67 73.6%

• Total voters

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Alright US based non-owner line waiters for first production vehicles — welcome to the delivery window (again)!

In 19 minutes our December to February window is officially open.

Poll time — who thinks they’ll have a Model 3 by February 28, 2018?

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I decided to delay until our living situation changes, but I bet I could have been able to. I probably shouldn’t have voted!
Similar situation here -- I voted no, even though I'd give myself > 50% odds of being *able* to have a Model 3 by the end of February if that were the plan.

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If I got my invite TODAY, then best case I'd be looking at Jan 1-ish, but more likely mid-Jan.

But I am not under any illusion that an invite is any less than a month away for ANY non-owner, much less me who is on the east coast and was about an hour or so back in line on 3/31.

I suspect that may Dec-Feb estimate pretty much means I could have the car in mid to late March, but then the whole tax credit thing comes into play (assuming it still exists), and I think the effect for March deliveries will be to delay a large number into April.

McHoffa

EV.network
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If I got my invite TODAY, then best case I'd be looking at Jan 1-ish, but more likely mid-Jan.

But I am not under any illusion that an invite is any less than a month away for ANY non-owner, much less me who is on the east coast and was about an hour or so back in line on 3/31.

I suspect that may Dec-Feb estimate pretty much means I could have the car in mid to late March, but then the whole tax credit thing comes into play (assuming it still exists), and I think the effect for March deliveries will be to delay a large number into April.
Since I'm not getting it this year, I'm not in as much of a hurry. Now I can wait and see what the final white interior looks like (hoping the dashboard isn't solid white like at the reveal, though VIN 75 did) and see pricing on AWD, etc. if the tax credit makes it through on the tax bill, then I still want to make sure I get it in Q2, but if not, I may hold off until Q3 for AWD. but that's another 9 months of waiting!

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since I'm not getting it this year, I'm not in as much of a hurry. Now I can wait and see what the final white interior looks like (hoping the dashboard isn't solid white like at the reveal, though VIN 75 did) and see pricing on AWD, etc. if the tax credit makes it through on the tax bill, then I still want to make sure I get it in Q2, but if not, I may hold off until Q3 for AWD. but that's another 9 months of waiting!
Yeah, my answer was couched in more of a what do I think is possible tone.

My actual personal situation is that I'm not in a huge hurry, and will probably actually wait until July to actually configure my car, regardless of when the invite comes. Not really interested in any of the options that are later on in time (other than the ability to order a non-PUP vehicle).

On the other hand, if I can find a good home for my LEAF or find someone interested in taking over our Volt lease, then it would be nice to have the Model 3 in time for my annual July road trip.

Poobah

Country
Country
IHNFC. When they are delivering 1,000 cars a week, then I'll start getting excited, but they're not even delivering 1,000/month yet. At the current rate, I wouldn't get my car anytime next year, let alone by Feb. Impatiently waiting for the ramp, as we all are.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm on the East Coast, and though I was among the first 20 or so in line in Boston, I'm not optimistic about getting my invite any time soon. Add 4-6 weeks for delivery and I view Feb 28th as doubtful. My birthday's March 23rd, so that's my new hope.

My 2003 Honda Civic is on its last legs and I'm trying not to invest any more $ into it. I may not have much of a choice...

mig

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will be interested to see if even one non-owner with Dec-Feb "delivery estimate" gets at least an invite to configure in the month of December. I'm going to have to buy some sort of bridge vehicle after Dec 30, which makes the timing of my delivery less crucial, and I may end up waiting for non-LR battery.

Country
Country
I'm a NorCal, line waiting, non owner, and I am optimistic. I have a December birthday and I have tweeted Elon a couple of times requesting a birthday present, but for some reason he doesn't reply. Fortunately, I have a friend who waited with me and is a current owner. Once he gets his invite, I will know what mine is at least a possibility.

AirxSails

Country
Country
I voted "NO" as I was late getting to the party, placed my reservation February 2017. Had wanted one since I had first seen the S in 2012 but financially that could never happen unless I win the Lottery.