Babysitter needed

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Greg Appelt

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm heading out of country for 4 weeks and my apartment does not have EV charging. Will a SR+ have enough charge starting at 95% to last until I get home?

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Probably safe if parked out of the sun without cabin overheat and sentry on...ideally plugged in of course.

Gonna have to lend it to a friend :)

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Be sure to turn off cabin overheat, Sentry, pull USB stick and unplug things from accessory and USB jack .
Keep car out of the sun.

Also no third party apps like Tezlab or TeslaFi to ping your baby.
Yeah you can use the Tesla app when you want to check on it.

I used to travel a lot and before Sentry was introduced, in my garage in Florida, I averaged .5% per night when I was gone 5 days to two weeks at a time.
But that .5% was for LR RWD.
I see no reason why you shouldn't be OK with avoiding any un-necessary power drain.
Even 1% per day will be plenty of margin.

Silvermagic3

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Back in December I went on a two week vacation and had the car in the garage plugged in, so I didn't make any preparations at all and it was charged to about 75%. About 3 hours after I left the house the circuit popped so it wasn't charging the whole time I was away and to my surprise when I got back it was at 50%. However that was before Sentry mode, and I have noticed that pulls a fair amount of power.

TirianW

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just like @NR4P said, turn off Cabin Overheat Protection, turn off Sentry mode, and deactivate all your apps. I took a 2 week cruise this spring and left my M3 sitting outside in the sun at the airport for 18 days, my loss was almost exactly 1% a day. So charge the car before you leave and you will be fine. I was a little more nervous because, due to delays in leaving the house, I did not have time to stop en-route and charge. However, I shouldn't have worried, we came back to plenty of power to make it to the supercharger and fill up before driving the rest of the way home.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
what is your usual nightly drain? Have you able to leave the car unused for 24hrs to see the drain?

There is a good thread here and here and a really good one here talking about long term parking and drains.
I was out of the country for 8 days last month. Kept the car parked in my garage and plugged in. I lost less than 0.5% of range a day. Over the 8 days total it charged once a day to maintain 50%, adding 2.5kWh the entire trip. Was pleasantly surprised since I expected twice the loss.

Dual Motor LR non performance. Still on software version 2019.12.1.2 due to lack of easy access to WiFi.