B pillar trim falling off

George K

Country
Country
The inside b pillar trim between front and back doors comes out of place exposing wireing and frame of car. I can push it back in place but the next time I get in or out of car ,on driver's side, I nateraly bump against the trim and it comes back off. Has anyone else had this problem.

It looks like there is a plastic tab that should push into a slot on the frame of car but if so the slot is missing. Does anyone know what the tab is suppose to go into to lock the trim in place ?

Attachments

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The inside b pillar trim between front and back doors comes out of place exposing wireing and frame of car. I can push it back in place but the next time I get in or out of car ,on driver's side, I nateraly bump against the trim and it comes back off. Has anyone else had this problem.

It looks like there is a plastic tab that should push into a slot on the frame of car but if so the slot is missing. Does anyone know what the tab is suppose to go into to lock the trim in place ?
What happens if you give a quick push on the fabric adjacent to where the tab is?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@George K I am having the exact same issue. Vin 37xxx.

I have tried pushing it in so that clip catches a hole but it doesn’t seem to be there.

I already had an appointment scheduled for July 30 to address brake squealing so I will ask them to resolve.

walterobrien

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same thing just happened to mine. Popped out, seemed to go back in but popped out further. Now sticking out all the way down almost to floor. See the wiring innards, and that plastic tab you mentioned. Having hood repainted next week (red), will definitely bring this up too.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have to keep an eye on this. I've noticed mine starts to rattle occasionally and if I push on it, it stops for a while. Doesn't do it that often, but I am also mostly on smooth highway.

walterobrien

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Never heard a rattle, just noticed after hitting it while getting into the car that it loosened and then eventually popped out. Best idea is just try to avoid rubbing up against it getting into the car. Not easy.

Country
Country
Have to keep an eye on this. I've noticed mine starts to rattle occasionally and if I push on it, it stops for a while. Doesn't do it that often, but I am also mostly on smooth highway.
I have the same problem. Drives me crazy - and I drive on pretty rough roads to work. Hoping there is a fix for it.

Milo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Had the same problem. Brought into the Tesla store and they fixed it while I waited. Said something about about needing new clips. Hasn't been a problem since

walterobrien

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Milo, very good to know. I'm having a service appointment this week for a hood repainting (multicast red), hoping they'll take care of it then.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was in service for a very minor thing and had them look at b pillar because I occasionally hear a rattle. Looking at it was clear that we could pull it out and wasn't clipped secure so they replaced some clips and seems solid now.

Unfortunately that was last week. I should have rescheduled for later so I could get the v9 push while I was in there.

walterobrien

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was in service for a very minor thing and had them look at b pillar because I occasionally hear a rattle. Looking at it was clear that we could pull it out and wasn't clipped secure so they replaced some clips and seems solid now.

Unfortunately that was last week. I should have rescheduled for later so I could get the v9 push while I was in there.
Good to know. My hood is being repainted and that b pillar pop is high in my list of other stuff.