AWD - Slow rollout or everyone when their config is ready

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Like many, I've been waiting for AWD before ordering. I was invited to config quite a long time ago but don't want another Tesla without AWD. I'm wondering if they'll have a separate slow rollout for AWD or if anyone who's ticket has come up can just then proceed with the ordering and not have an additional wait.

Thoughts?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in the same boat as you.

I've prepared myself for another slow rollout favoring employees, then current owners. But I don't think it will be as slow as the initial rollout.

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I'm in the same boat as you.

I've prepared myself for another slow rollout favoring employees, then current owners. But I don't think it will be as slow as the initial rollout.
Well i've got the early reservation + current owner bonus working for me. I'm guessing not too many employees will be the issue as most are in warm states. But US East Coast won't help me.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well i've got the early reservation + current owner bonus working for me. I'm guessing not too many employees will be the issue as most are in warm states. But US East Coast won't help me.
Given owner status at this point you’re probably not too far out.

Guy Weathersby

For what it is worth, I would guess that they will start with a limited west coast release until they are confident that there are no field problems and that they can build them at 5000 a week, and then stay on the new configurations until they cover the deferred list.

Brett

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Perhaps those invites are internal for employees that held their place in line?
Yeah, but even if that's the case I would expect it to be leaked quickly, NDA or not.

Twitter/Reddit/FB post 5min after AWD invites go out: "Hey, my friend works at Tesla and he got to configure for AWD today!"

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
11:59:59 pm PST and I’ll be asleep ;)
My family is currently in the UK and will be flying back tomorrow morning. Hoping for news before we leave for the airport at 9am BST (1am PDT)... but won't be shocked if I have to wait until our layover at Heathrow four hours later. :rolleyes:

Also: as unlikely as it is that AWD will immediately become available to all, I can think of no better use of our afternoon at Heathrow than ordering our Model 3!

summerfun

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
For the same reason they got preference for First Production: quick turnaround if they discover a systemic flaw.
Correct. I expect it will be an exact repeat of the original configuration: Employees, owners, non-owners working East from the West Coast.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My family is currently in the UK and will be flying back tomorrow morning. Hoping for news before we leave for the airport at 9am BST (1am PDT)... but won't be shocked if I have to wait until our layover at Heathrow four hours later. :rolleyes:

Also: as unlikely as it is that AWD will immediately become available to all, I can think of no better use of our afternoon at Heathrow than ordering our Model 3!
Safe travels!

PTC Gator

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Heathrow has free WiFi too!