AWD-P gets you home delivery? In Silicon Valley?

marusan

Country
Country
When I entered my home address during the order process, I was informed that I'd be given a home delivery, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm a whopping 17-mile drive from the Fremont factory. Anyone else see anything similar?

I'm wondering if it's an error, or something they're going to try due to anticipating being overwhelmed by deliveries over there. This area is, after all, ground zero; if you don't see a Tesla on your way to work, you probably had your eyes closed.

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in Seattle, 8 miles from nearest service center and got the same home delivery message for my AWD. I suspect an error, but I'm beginning to think that they intentionally throw a randomization function into the entire ordering process just to keep us guessing.

outie

Country
Country
SoCal here with 2 delivery centers nearby and I was not given home delivery. I would like to have home delivery though.

marusan

Country
Country
I threw an e-mail reply to "delivery" a couple of days later (on the 28th) to ask about that, along with all the other broken stuff around the order (e.g., my car's missing wheels). Haven't heard a peep. I'll post when I do, so you have an idea of how bad their turnaround time is now.

3Model3s

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Placed two orders yesterday for the company I work for (dual motor, non-performance). One for ~15 miles from Fremont will get home (work) delivery and one for South Carolina my boss will need to drive to North Carolina to pick up. Maybe faster delivery process if they deliver than trying to fit everyone into the busier SC's?