AWD Canadian Price

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone knows what will be the price for the AWD option in Canada? I’m already up to 72K, worried that the option will bring the car over 80K.

Thanks

techman

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
It's 5000$ USD down south, so assume it's around 6000-6500$ CAD based on the conversions for the rest.

On the upside, most car manufacturers are much more ruthless on the conversions.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks @techman. I’m used to 4matic on my Benz. Very handy to get out of snow, but how many times do I really use it in a season? 4-5 times maybe? I wonder if I could do without AWD on the M3. I’m already at 72K with extended range, premium, autopilot and paint. It is way more than what I was expecting to pay when I filed my registration, so I think I will skip on the AWD.

techman

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I'm also on the fence. If it was AWD vs FWD, I'd be an easy decision to just take the FWD.

But with RWD, and some possible nasty winter days.. I (personally) don't want to have to worry about it. People claim that the RWD is fine thanks to the added weight.. but I can still see there being an issue on the heavy days. Which as you say.. 4-5 times a season?

On the other side.. I've got plenty of time to decide. I haven't been invited yet :(

Good luck on making your decision :)

Country
Country
Another reason to not wait for AWD is that after July 1st you will need to pay for data, and the fact that the steel and aluminium tariffs are going to drive the prices of Model 3 up even more.

Mesprit87

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
More worried about the tarifs war escalating, they (US administration ) are really making me think again about buying my first american car... if the move fwd with 10 to 20% import tax on cars built in Canada, what will Canada do in return. We'll see.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Funny. This will be my eighth car, and the first American one. Didn’t realize that. I’ve always been with Japanese or German cars. I hope I won’t be disappointed, especially since that I come from the Mercedes world.

Country
Country
Hey Frahugo, did you go for the RWD and get the Ontario rebate?

Thanks @techman. I’m used to 4matic on my Benz. Very handy to get out of snow, but how many times do I really use it in a season? 4-5 times maybe? I wonder if I could do without AWD on the M3. I’m already at 72K with extended range, premium, autopilot and paint. It is way more than what I was expecting to pay when I filed my registration, so I think I will skip on the AWD.

Country
Country
If you've gone for RWD w Premium Upgrades, you should have it very shortly. So glad that our brothers and sisters in Quebec have the good sense to keep the rebate going. I was lucky enough to pick mine up on May 30th, so I'll get the $14,000 from the Ontario government. Now that we have Mr. Trump North as Premier of Ontario, everyone else is left twisting in the wind. Back to the Jurassic Period for the next four years - arggh!
You're going to love your car when it arrives, Mon frère!