AutoPilot not activated after a week and over 65 miles

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Do you have pic or link of the graphic?
I couldn't find an exact image, but it's one of those circular-progress-bar UIs that appears underneath the speedometer, near where the Autopilot icon normally appears (IIRC). It's hard to miss. Something like this:

Random calibration anecdote: my drive home from the delivery center was only 8 miles, and Autopilot only calibrated to 25% on that trip. Curiously, after my car sat parked in the driveway overnight, Autopilot reported that it was 50% calibrated the next morning, even though the odometer hadn't budged. o_O

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I couldn't find an exact image, but it's one of those circular-progress-bar UIs that appears underneath the speedometer, near where the Autopilot icon normally appears (IIRC). It's hard to miss. Something like this:
Yes, the circular progress bar is like that, but instead of "78%" in the middle, it has the autopilot steering wheel symbol IIRC.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes, the circular progress bar is like that, but instead of "78%" in the middle, it has the autopilot steering wheel symbol IIRC.
Bingo! I recall seeing that too, now that you mention it.

JeopardE

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thats awesome. Just remember to be careful and only use it on highways for now.
Actually I think there is nothing wrong with using speed assist on just about any road/street - works really well and takes a huge load off the effort of driving. Autosteer though should generally be used on highways and is less than reliable on other roads.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I drove home 240 miles and still no autopilot and no calibrating message. I compared autopilot screens with another M3 owner and realized my vehicle apparently didn't know EAP was an option. After several emails to support, they finally pushed the proper config and now it works.

Scubastevo80

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same issue for me - took delivery Tuesday, didn't see any autopilot options on the car or summon on the phone. I called support this morning and lo and behold, it wasn't installed. The gentleman I spoke with said he would forward to the appropriate team to get it fixed within 7 days. They will follow up with a call or email when it is complete.

My call was based on the fact that my autopilot screen didn't have any typical options listed and there's no summon option on my phone.