Autopilot in the city

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

F0ZZ

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Probably a basic question, but does Navigate on Autopilot work in the city? I only use regular autopilot on my commute to Toronto. I’ve never used Navigate on Autopilot, but I see the option when I select a destination. Today I had a client in my car who wanted to watch Autopilot work. Easy enough to have it work randomly while driving, but no option for Navigate on Autopilot presented itself after choosing a destination in the city. I tried a few times.

Does that feature only work on the highway or certain routes? I have enhanced AP.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Probably a basic question, but does Navigate on Autopilot work in the city? I only use regular autopilot on my commute to Toronto. I’ve never used Navigate on Autopilot, but I see the option when I select a destination. Today I had a client in my car who wanted to watch Autopilot work. Easy enough to have it work randomly while driving, but no option for Navigate on Autopilot presented itself after choosing a destination in the city. I tried a few times.

Does that feature only work on the highway or certain routes? I have enhanced AP.
NoA is limited to specific types of roads.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
How do you know what those roads are?
By the warning message that was displayed when you turned on autosteer.
NoA is just an addition that can handle some lane changes and highway exits.
Even regular autopilot should not be used anywhere but on divided highways.

Basically, autopilot is ONLY meant to be used on divided highways with clear lines and without intersections, traffic lights, or stop signs.
Treat it as nothing more than glorified cruise control.

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It only works on freeways and not highways. It also won't do tunnels. If you transition it will automatically switch on when it can and off when it can't assuming you have autopilot activated and NOA turned on in the settings.

F0ZZ

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for that. I think I just assumed with the new update it would work in the city. I was expecting the car to read and understand signs and lights. I’m sure it will get there at some point.

jdcollins5

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for that. I think I just assumed with the new update it would work in the city. I was expecting the car to read and understand signs and lights. I’m sure it will get there at some point.
From the last definition of EAP and FSD, EAP will not be seeing Stop Light/ Sign recognition. This will be only in FSD.

F0ZZ

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for the info.
I’ve asked my service centre about the cost of upgrading, but they didn’t know. I’d pay a portion of the FSD cost, but I won’t pay for all of it seeing as I paid for most of it already.

jdcollins5

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for the info.
I’ve asked my service centre about the cost of upgrading, but they didn’t know. I’d pay a portion of the FSD cost, but I won’t pay for all of it seeing as I paid for most of it already.
if you have EAP the current price to upgrade to FSD is $4000. You can go to your Account -> Manage and scroll down to Autopilot and click on it. It will bring up the price and the ability to purchase and charge to your on file credit card.