Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts
@MrTofuDragon :

I opened the latch mechanism, but determined that the clearances were pretty tight for the moving parts. To add rubber bumpers on the areas that hit metal on metal seemed like I would have to get the additional room by modifying the parts a bit...and I wasn't ready to do all that. I did end up adding a lot more heavy lithium grease to the strike areas, and this has helped to deaden the noise a bit. The trunk lid itself is acting like a sound board to amplify the sound levels. Perhaps in the upgrade, as in the video by Warren at TeslaOffer, the control box makes the latch unlock more slowly, so there is less of a banging noise during the first part of the unlocking?

I started having intermittent problems with my Teslaoffer trunk and contacted them via Whats App. They were very helpful and in the end managed to find the cause of the problem: a wire in a connector wasn't pushed all the way in.
This is a wire in a bunch that is fed into the trunk lid and then one by one pushed into a connector body.
So, as thorough as I thought I were in fitting the kit, I wasn't thorough enough and it was my own fault. :rolleyes:

Their support and patience is second to none and I can highly recommend!
There were more problems with the wires coming loose from the connector, so I'm starting to think it wasn't just my sloppy workmanship. Also the power wire from the fuse came loose. After figuring it all out I reconnected everything and secured the wires in the connectors with hot glue, so they should stay in their place from now on.
I have the V1 version and the V2 might be different, but it might be a good idea to add some extra security when installing.

Their support was top notch once again.

I started having intermittent problems with my Teslaoffer trunk and contacted them via Whats App. They were very helpful and in the end managed to find the cause of the problem: a wire in a connector wasn't pushed all the way in.
This is a wire in a bunch that is fed into the trunk lid and then one by one pushed into a connector body.
So, as thorough as I thought I were in fitting the kit, I wasn't thorough enough and it was my own fault. :rolleyes:

Their support and patience is second to none and I can highly recommend!
There were more problems with the wires coming loose from the connector, so I'm starting to think it wasn't just my sloppy workmanship. Also the power wire from the fuse came loose. After figuring it all out I reconnected everything and secured the wires in the connectors with hot glue, so they should stay in their place from now on.
I have the V1 version and the V2 might be different, but it might be a good idea to add some extra security when installing.

Their support was top notch once again.
I ended up having a similar issue (and similar top notch help). We were having some intermittent issues with the trunk not opening using the app, screen, outside trunk button, or foot sensor. We could always open the trunk using the driver footwell installed button by pressing and holding it for ~3 seconds.

When we ordered the kit it was through a group buy not too long after it was introduced. By the time I got around to installing it the revised version without the connectors in place was out, and I saw how much easier it was to install vs the version I had. So I ended up removing the connectors, but apparently didn't get one of them reseated correctly, or otherwise damaged one of the pins/sockets when putting it back together.

After contacting support via WhatsApp and about 5 minutes to troubleshoot, they were pretty sure which wire was the issue and where the connection issue was. The next day I was able to verify the issue, repair it, and it's been working fine since.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.