Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Autocharger mention on Tesla website

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  justflie 
#1 ·
Never noticed this before on the tesla website in the Full-self driving section: "For Superchargers that have automatic charge connection enabled, you will not even need to plug in your vehicle"
I think first time outside of that youtube video Tesla shared are they talking about auto charge.

#2 ·
Maybe that’s a feature of the gen 3 supercharger to be rolled out at the end of the year. That would be super cool! Not that this would be affordable for a home, but summon never really made sense to me in a consumer garage without it. Tesla recommends you leave the car plugged in at all times which means you can’t summon the car into the driveway without having to first enter the garage to unplug it. At that point, just get in the darn thing and move it yourself.

With its current functionality, I can only see summon being useful for tight parking spaces outside your own property. I know this is just an interim step to a super smart summon where you get dropped off at the curb and it goes and parks itself someplace...

Reactions: iChris93
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.