Auto window stops rolling up

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

timtesla

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When I want to roll up my drivers side window, it will stop, then roll back down. It's really annoying. I'm thinking of calling the repair center, but it's not a big enough problem that I want to waste half a day going in.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When I try to close my driver's window, using the auto function, it will move up momentarily and then stop and roll back down. I then have to initiate the roll up again to get the window to go up. Never works on the first try, always works on the second try. Any suggestions?

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Try a recalibration:

Press and hold the button down until the glass goes all the way down. Then pull up and hold it until the window goes all the way up.
Thanks. I will try that. I tried recalibrating going up but not down first.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Try a recalibration:

Press and hold the button down until the glass goes all the way down. Then pull up and hold it until the window goes all the way up.
That seemed to work for a while, but the issue came back again today.

BostonPilot

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
I'm having a similar problem. At first it was just as you described - if I tried to do auto-up and let go of the button before the window was halfway up, it would reverse and go back down. Holding up on the button until the window was more than halfway up worked as expected.

Yesterday and today, however, even when I'm holding the button up the window will reverse. It can take several tries to get the window to go up. I'd leave the window up all the time until my service appointment (still 9 days away), but getting in/out of gates at the airport requires me to lower the window to access the keycard. (I guess I could just get out of the car...)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get Tesla to expedite the service appointment? Just call service at my SC? I stopped by in person today but service is closed on Sunday.

I will try the recalibrate thing, but it really feels like the button itself has probably gone bad...

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm having a similar problem. At first it was just as you described - if I tried to do auto-up and let go of the button before the window was halfway up, it would reverse and go back down. Holding up on the button until the window was more than halfway up worked as expected.

Yesterday and today, however, even when I'm holding the button up the window will reverse. It can take several tries to get the window to go up. I'd leave the window up all the time until my service appointment (still 9 days away), but getting in/out of gates at the airport requires me to lower the window to access the keycard. (I guess I could just get out of the car...)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get Tesla to expedite the service appointment? Just call service at my SC? I stopped by in person today but service is closed on Sunday.

I will try the recalibrate thing, but it really feels like the button itself has probably gone bad...
What firmware version are you on? I have a mobile service appointment for tomorrow.

BostonPilot

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Thanks that's good to know. On the subject of expediting service, I had no luck. I called on Monday and they checked the schedule. Nope, nothing has opened up so I have to wait. I asked about Tesla Ranger. They put me in contact via a web link. Short answer: they're even busier.

Interestingly, although this is a minor issue for me right now (but it's getting worse) in reading the Massachusetts Lemon Law, there is the "dealer gets three times to try to fix the problem" that everyone is familiar with. However, there is another paragraph that says if the car is out of service for a total of fifteen business days, the manufacturer has to replace or buy back (your choice) the vehicle from you.

So, the way I read that, if you have a problem that reasonably prevents you from using the car, and Tesla is too busy to fix it, after 15 days you can return the car and recoup all your costs, except they can discount a reasonable allowance for your use of the vehicle (I read that as a discount based on the miles you've put on the car).

If i read it correctly, it's a cumulative 15 days during the warrantee period. So, if they take 10 business days to fix one problem, and then another 5 business days to fix another problem, you can invoke the lemon law. There's one other clause that says basically that they can get an additional 7 days to make it right, I think that's so that if they don't realize the two or three problems you've had are exceeding the 15 days, they get a final chance to fix the car.

Anyway, I was a little surprised that they only get 15 business days, but when you think of someone who depends on their car to commute to work, I think that's pretty reasonable. I don't see anything about loaners, so it seems like even if they loan you a car, if they can't fix it within 15 days you can return it. Not that I want to return my car, but it's an interesting bargaining chip when it comes to getting service on the car. I suspect you could drop it off at the service center without an appointment, and the clock would be ticking. Of course, IANAL so there are details I could be missing.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When I want to roll up my drivers side window, it will stop, then roll back down. It's really annoying. I'm thinking of calling the repair center, but it's not a big enough problem that I want to waste half a day going in.
I have been having the same problem going on 3 weeks now. I've put it on the back burner however because I'm dealing with the holiday present of getting body work repaired from a side swipe. Reading some of the blog posts for model X and S I have not tried a reboot or holding the window button down/up for several seconds so I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software glitch.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have been having the same problem going on 3 weeks now. I've put it on the back burner however because I'm dealing with the holiday present of getting body work repaired from a side swipe. Reading some of the blog posts for model X and S I have not tried a reboot or holding the window button down/up for several seconds so I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software glitch.
Check out the thread I started here.

fritter63

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Anybody else having this issue?

1) Roll down the drivers side window with auto by pushing all the way down on the switch then releasing it (haven't tested the others)
2) When it's done, go to roll the window up again. Rather than going it up, it then rolls down a little farther.
3) second attempt will make it roll up.

Is this software or hardware? ;)

PS. It's not consistently wrong.

fritter63

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
"recalibrate your window"....... now that is a first

If I'm ever in an accident, I'm going to tell the officer... "Sorry, my steering wheel had become uncalibrated!" :)